What's new

tea for one pots worth it?

proxy.php

Are these worth it?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That seems . . . cute? What do you do with the pot, though?

I think I would rather have an Ingenuitea and a good mug.

For a mugs worth I do like the Ingenuitea, kinda surprised how much I've been using it over the past year.....I didn't forsee the day I'd be brewing a good deal of my tea in a plastic contraption.

For a teapot/cup combo that setup could do the job nicely, I've been gifted similar type of things over the years and never taken to them as they have been rather awkward/bad pour/poor ergonomics for me etc but I've not tried that particular product.

The tea you are drinking may be a factor, a gaiwan/kyusu/yixing paired with a nice cup/mug is hard to beat but they can be tea-type specific.

I normally just make loose leaf tea for one in a ceramic lined gaiwan. It isn't ideal for oolongs (they should be in a dedicated yixing), but a normal sized gaiwan is perfect for a brewing and drinking vessel. I often end up heating the water separately in a large western mug in the microwave (or an iron tea kettle on the stove if I feel fancy).

I am interested in learning more about these "tea for one" pots as well. This past summer I searched online to see if I could find some one demonstrating their usage. To help answer my question of whether these were invented/evolved as a method to:
A) Help preheat the cup as the tea brewed in the pot resting above
B) Compactly store the teapot and cup inside the cupboard
C) Compactly carry and serve a to group of people sitting together but all drinking slightly different brews
D) Other reasons

I never found any good answer. My search results kept getting entangled with a Led Zeppelin song of the same name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an inginuitea for about a year and it worked well. One of the legs popped off and I started noticing a build up inside the bottom where the tea flowed out. Yes I rinsed it well after each use. I am sure it was just hard water deposits but, since I could not get to that area to really see I decided with one leg gone it was on its way to the garbage. I was thinking this more traditional pot idea would fill the void. I have a Bodum Tea for one but I thought something else would be nice too.

proxy.php

Top Bottom