What's new

2016 Christmas Inks, Pens, and Wish Lists!

Season's Greetings, fellow nib enthusiasts! Since my favorite time of year is in full swing, I thought I'd create a thread where we could showcase our favorite holiday pens, inks, and share any items that made it onto our wish lists this year!

For me, my favorite combination is my Sheaffer Imperial Holly pen with a fine nib inked up with Montblanc Winter Glow. The combination is about as Christmas as it comes, and I love writing my Christmas cards with it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I ultimately run out of the Winter Glow, as it is extremely expensive when it reappears on the 'bay. The combination also brings a smile to my face during the long days at the office when it's both dark when I arrive as well as when I leave. :001_rolle

proxy.php

My 2016 wish list for Santa inclues a Goulet dot notebook with my beloved TR paper, a Noodler's Ahab, and Pilot Parallels 1.5mm. It also originally contained a variety of ink samples from Vanness, but I picked those up for myself during their 10% off sale on Black Friday. :blushing:

What about you guys??

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Hmmm, I'm still working on that. I have a Girologio 12 pen pen case on my list this year. I may add a bottle of ink or maybe a notebook or something.

Since it's time to start getting into the Christmas spirit, I've got Pelikan 4001 Dark Green in my Lamy 2000. Honestly, it's a nice green for this time of year. Now, if only we could get a little snow.

Been working on a wish list and so far have a pilot custom heritage 91 in black on it as well as a retro 51 tornado in ice blue and some Apica cd11 notebooks.

[MENTION=36862]Foyle[/MENTION] I used both Pelikan Dark Green and MB Irish Green last year in my cards and really enjoyed the Pelikan. I might have to break it out again to compliment the Winter Glow!

[MENTION=103890]kcore[/MENTION] Would the CH91 your first Pilot gold nib? I have a Custom 74 in a soft fine medium and it's my favorite nib I own.

[MENTION=86644]Runnin_Ute[/MENTION] I know we already talked about it, but you're in for a real treat. Going to ink mine up this evening with the Winter Glow as the broad nib I picked up really allows for some fantastic shading.

For me, my favorite combination is my Sheaffer Imperial Holly pen with a fine nib inked up with Montblanc Winter Glow. The combination is about as Christmas as it comes, and I love writing my Christmas cards with it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I ultimately run out of the Winter Glow, as it is extremely expensive when it reappears on the 'bay. The combination also brings a smile to my face during the long days at the office when it's both dark when I arrive as well as when I leave. :001_rolle

proxy.php

Lol, I actually have that exact same pen as well as it's follow up, the Snow pen (the Holly pen was a SE in 1996, the Snow pen in 1997). I used both of them in the same way for many years, as my go to Xmas pens. I decided after last year to sell them though, there are so many other pens that I want to use for Xmas cards and letters. So I will be putting a post up over on Reddit's r/Pen_Swap group, hopefully someone else will be able to get the same joy out of them that they gave me.

[MENTION=85180]fightingillini22[/MENTION] yea that would be my first pilot pen in general and from what I have heard about their gold nibs made me really want to try one so hopefully soon I will be able to order one and experience it for myself

@Runnin_Ute I know we already talked about it, but you're in for a real treat. Going to ink mine up this evening with the Winter Glow as the broad nib I picked up really allows for some fantastic shading.

It arrived on Thursday (12/1), so 18 days. Inked it up that night with Blackstone Red Cashmere. My most used pen since arrival - not even close.

The Sailor Imperial Black is on my wish list for Christmas. I'm pretty sure Santa will bring it to me. I'll post pics once I get it.

My Vintage Royal Fountain inked with Anderson Badger Black for christmas..
I would only wish for a notebook for fountain pens..

So I can't say that I had any NIB items on a wish list this year. I do have the pleasure of working with the best sales person in our company and we usually get each other a nice Christmas present each year. I usually get her several bottles of very nice wine and she has done things like a 12 month subscription for beer delivery from different craft brewers, Yeti Hopper etc. Yesterday a box shows up with this what's in the photo below. How lucky am I? :thumbup:

$P1030855.jpg

So I can't say that I had any NIB items on a wish list this year. I do have the pleasure of working with the best sales person in our company and we usually get each other a nice Christmas present each year. I usually get her several bottles of very nice wine and she has done things like a 12 month subscription for beer delivery from different craft brewers, Yeti Hopper etc. Yesterday a box shows up with this what's in the photo below. How lucky am I? :thumbup:
Dang mate, you sure are lucky. No Nib items on my wish list. I recently moved to student housing and my entire wish list is comprised of kitchen appliances etc.

Lovely thread.
As a very green newbie at this, I'm starting out with a little cheat: Platinum Preppy. It should arrive in time for Xmas. Possibly another rabbit hole to fall into.

$bmw blue.jpg$pelikan.JPG
My Christmas came a little early haha , The Pelikan m215 although second hand was in mint condition and was too hard to resist , I had wanted the Mont Blanc BMW Blue for a while ( and BMW Germany offered free express postage on it ) and the Robert Oster Signature Kada Kada inks both light and dark were editions for Fountain pen Australia members.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've got another green marbled pen in the mail. :001_smile

For now, just a red and green pic for the holidays. :santa:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new Pelikan M405 Stresmann ( grey striped and black) on order, and was hoping it would arrive for Christmas. It shipped Nov 29 from the Netherlands, and tracking did not show anything until Dec 14 when it processed through ISC Chicago, It finally left ISC yesterday Dec 22. Following a thread on Fountain Pen Network , another member there had ordered the same pen from the same vendor. His shipped 3 days later and he received it in six days. I'm sitting here at the 25 day mark wondering what is wrong with Chicago customs and the USPS!

I have a new Pelikan M405 Stresmann ( grey striped and black) on order, and was hoping it would arrive for Christmas. It shipped Nov 29 from the Netherlands, and tracking did not show anything until Dec 14 when it processed through ISC Chicago, It finally left ISC yesterday Dec 22. Following a thread on Fountain Pen Network , another member there had ordered the same pen from the same vendor. His shipped 3 days later and he received it in six days. I'm sitting here at the 25 day mark wondering what is wrong with Chicago customs and the USPS!

I think U.S. Customs likes to spot check little parcels from The Netherlands. It's a source of many things for U.S. residents, including but not limited to fountain pens....

Top Bottom