What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - November 28th - December 4th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The beginning of the weekend provided a fine outing at SOTD. Pictures and words intertwined in a mosaic of beauty.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your contribution of those photographs and written descriptions. All are most appreciated.

@Smooth Steve - Fine grouping shot. I just ordered some of the Cellar Door soaps.
@DabblinRazors - Very tasteful photo, Eddie. Nicely seasonal.
@alfredus - They found their way into the tree again! But all's well ... they look great there!
@shm - Lovely layered arrangement, Søren. Like the looks of the Dovo. Each time you use the Prancing Horse I'm nearer to buying both a Red and a Black EdT.
@Dagwoodz - Excellent shave, Josh. Love those PAA soaps.
@skypsyd - Exquisite, Dave! Exquisite! Lovely brush. Fine looking razor. And AdP....
@Tenergy - Superb capture of an enviable shave, Valeri.
@Clint64 - Quite an enticing photo! Beautiful setting. That brush is spectacular! I should have done more research when I got my El Druida!
@Antique Hoosier - Really like your layouts, Mike.
@azwetshaver - One fine looking shave, Gabe. Like the touch of floral color.
@Bobcat - Congrats on your first dip into the Barrister & Mann pool.
@Cash_Stronomer - Razor and brush on vigil again (great focal point by the way). Love your pedestal. The background is quite atmospheric.
@lindyhop66 - Love the presentation. That is one nice blade.
@witeq - I do ike that resting brush and razor, Witek. And, oh, that uneven, encroaching frame....
@Vesalio - Very good overhead shot for your anniversary shave.
@Jnatcat - Neat playful arrangement, Will. Perfect POV. Like the use of your scuttle.
@doc47 - Picture perfect shot, Dan. Nice looking scales. Like the inclusion of the Caswell-Massey box.
@blzrfn - Handsome array, Dave. Beautiful looking razor. Love that creamy brush handle.
@JRRIII - Such an attractive close-in shot. The SV brush is a stunner. There's one on my "gotta have" list.
@Doug57 - Nicely composed, Doug. I like the bristles over the blade.
@Smooth Steve - That Feather AC Pro is holding up well.
@sarimento1 - Splendiferous photo, Murray! Points for duo Pino Silvestre, superb razor and brush, and that foggy, ethereal background!
@Mostho - Ah, the magic of light and shadow, Stefano. Blindingly beautiful.
@PACO GALAN - Glad the blades gave such a fine shave.
@xxlpack - Now that frame is artistique gone wild! Love it! Like your logo image.
@prometeo - Accomplished perspective horizontal. Like the framing.
@DblD - Excellent high angle POV. Nice arrayment.
@ciderguy - I really like the flaking paint-like overlay. Interesting frame.
@ram57 - Superlative photo. That's a great looking shave.
@nikonNUT - Thought that razor was different! Did you like the initial shave?
@Hanover - Oh, that is a grim looking photo, Mark. Right on composition! Love the shadow across the soap tin.
@evnpar - Lovely overhead shot. Love the beautiful razor and brush combo. Always meant to get a tin of Wassail....
@120inna55 - Marvelous photo, Matt. Love that Triad handle. Excellent review. I guess I best put First Snow on my list!

Another long day for me but it was fulfilling. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

As ever, it is time for me to bid you farewell, gents. Please have a good evening and I'll see you soon.

Last edited:

@Smooth Steve - Fine grouping shot. I just ordered some of the Cellar Door soaps.

Thanks. Haunted Woods was the first Cellar Door Soap I tried, and I really like it. Once I use it up, I will try another scent. What scents did you order? Let use know how you like them.

As for the Feather AC - This blade is like the Energizer Bunny! It is not as sharp as new, but it is still going strong. The Hawk is my first SE razor and this is first blade I used in it. What a great value. I really like these products and how well they work together. I am very interested in how long this blade will last.

The beginning of the weekend provided a fine outing at SOTD. Pictures and words intertwined in a mosaic of beauty.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your contribution of those photographs and written descriptions. All are most appreciated.

@DabblinRazors - Very tasteful photo, Eddie. Nicely seasonal.
@alfredus - They found their way into the tree again! But all's well ... they look great there!
@shm - Lovely layered arrangement, Søren. Like the looks of the Dovo. Each time you use the Prancing Horse I'm nearer to buying both a Red and a Black EdT.
@Dagwoodz - Excellent shave, Josh. Love those PAA soaps.
@skypsyd - Exquisite, Dave! Exquisite! Lovely brush. Fine looking razor. And AdP....
@Tenergy - Superb capture of an enviable shave, Valeri.
@Clint64 - Quite an enticing photo! Beautiful setting. That brush is spectacular! I should have done more research when I got my El Druida!
@Antique Hoosier - Really like your layouts, Mike.
@azwetshaver - One fine looking shave, Gabe. Like the touch of floral color.
@Bobcat - Congrats on your first dip into the Barrister & Mann pool.
@Cash_Stronomer - Razor and brush on vigil again (great focal point by the way). Love your pedestal. The background is quite atmospheric.
@lindyhop66 - Love the presentation. That is one nice blade.
@witeq - I do ike that resting brush and razor, Witek. And, oh, that uneven, encroaching frame....
@Vesalio - Very good overhead shot for your anniversary shave.
@Jnatcat - Neat playful arrangement, Will. Perfect POV. Like the use of your scuttle.
@doc47 - Picture perfect shot, Dan. Nice looking scales. Like the inclusion of the Caswell-Massey box.
@blzrfn - Handsome array, Dave. Beautiful looking razor. Love that creamy brush handle.
@JRRIII - Such an attractive close-in shot. The SV brush is a stunner. There's one on my "gotta have" list.
@Doug57 - Nicely composed, Doug. I like the bristles over the blade.
@sarimento1 - Splendiferous photo, Murray! Points for duo Pino Silvestre, superb razor and brush, and that foggy, ethereal background!
@Mostho - Ah, the magic of light and shadow, Stefano. Blindingly beautiful.
@PACO GALAN - Glad the blades gave such a fine shave.
@xxlpack - Now that frame is artistique gone wild! Love it! Like your logo image.
@prometeo - Accomplished perspective horizontal. Like the framing.
@DblD - Excellent high angle POV. Nice arrayment.
@ciderguy - I really like the flaking paint-like overlay. Interesting frame.
@ram57 - Superlative photo. That's a great looking shave.
@nikonNUT - Thought that razor was different! Did you like the initial shave?
@Hanover - Oh, that is a grim looking photo, Mark. Right on composition! Love the shadow across the soap tin.
@evnpar - Lovely overhead shot. Love the beautiful razor and brush combo. Always meant to get a tin of Wassail....
@120inna55 - Marvelous photo, Matt. Love that Triad handle. Excellent review. I guess I best put First Snow on my list!

Another long day for me but it was fulfilling. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

As ever, it is time for me to bid you farewell, gents. Please have a good evening and I'll see you soon.
Thank you very much, Ron! [emoji4]

today,

- Kappus Adventure - Shaving Cream
- Koraat Manchurian 26mm
- Mühle R41
- Gillette Bleue Extra
- Mennen Skin Bracer

proxy.php

12/04/16 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Shave Secret Pre-Shave Oil
Detroit Grooming Ludington Glycerin Bar Soap
Lush Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie
Mühle R41 Razor 2103 Head
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade – 6th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Booster Mosswood After Shave
$161204 SOTD IMG_3822.jpg

SOTD - Sunday, 4 December, 2016 – Stirling Spice – Spicy Sunday!

Prep: Hot Shower | Stirling Hot Apple Cider
Pre-shave: CBLindsay’s Rosemary Preshave soap | hot towel
Strop: CBLindsay turkish linen (25) | TomoNagura Firehose (50) | TomoNagura Velvet Horsehide (100)
Razor: Hartford Cutlery Extra Hollow Ground
Brush: Rudy Vey 26mm Butterscotch “Chubby” TGN Finest 2-band
Soap: Stirling Spice
Bowl: The Shaving Place Mountain Blue Glazed Lather Bowl
Post-shave: Alum | Cold towel | Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel | Nivea Men Facial Cream
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
Fragrance: Hot Water by Davidoff
Album of the Day: The Cult - Ceremony
Song of the Day: Bangkok Rain
$SOTD20161204.jpg
A great week of SOTD's from everyone! Looking forward to seeing what the next week brings!

Sunday 4 December 2016

proxy.php

Yet Another RazorGuy Shave

Yet another RazorGuy shave. This is how I call my shaves when I use the homemade shave products I make as a hobby and for fun. I must say I can't stop using my newest Mastro Livi Club Shave Brush 2016 Edition because I like it very much! This shave brush, which can be ordered until 31 December 2016, has a super luxurious super silvertip badger loft and a beautiful handle which perfectly fits in my hand. Very balanced and with the right weight, it is a joy to use. As for the razor, I wanted to use this Mastro Livi "Perugia 13.12.14", a straight razor Mastro Livi made in occasion of the event held in his laboratory at the end of the 2014. I am one of the few lucky persons to have this beautiful straight razor. The final touch has been provided by my Bay Rum aftershave, a fragrance I really like.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Club Super Silvertip Badger 2016, Poplar - Black Ebony - Stainless Steel - Lapis Lazuli Handle, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi "Perugia 13.12.14", 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Thank you for all your wonderful pictures gentlemen and your kind words Ron & Dave - wishing you all a fantastic Sunday :thumbup:

Thank you Ron. This brush is special to me. While the knot is from El Druida, the handle was turned by a friend. He sent me a couple of prototypes to evaluate. I tested both handles with an inexpensive synthetic knot installed and fell in love with handle. I had an extra Druida knot and presto we have one of my favorite brushes.

December 4, 2016
Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
Feather Super Pro (4)
Rudy Vey RV7 with Shavemac Finest
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Witch Hazel

A nice shave did brighten the otherwise rainy dreary morning. After making sure the brush was properly loaded, I face lathered slowly hydrating the soap as I went. The soft massage of the brush and the scent of Rossa made face lathering all the more enjoyable. After 2 passes, XTG & ATG, followed by some touch ups, I ended up with a near BBS. There is one spot on my lower right neck that usually gets me. Overall a great shave. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday.

Thanks Ron :thumbup1:

Sounds like you've got the beginning stages of SAD coming on (oh, I know it well)! Stirling has such an attractive selection; it can be maddening!
[MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION] don't even think about giving me a SAD Stirling evil shopping cursed

Thanks Ron! And thanks all! Another great week! :thumbup1:
Next week, something different. Maybe not picture wise so much, but I was cruising Maggard's site again, and ya know how that goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom