What's new

Great experience with shaving.ie

I ordered a few items shipped from Ireland to Mid-America, including Thanksgiving, in 5 days. I have had domestic shipping take substantially longer than that. I didn't ask for air-mail yet they sent that way anyway. Extremely responsive, and their prices on many things are amazing. I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences with them, or other online merchants? Have a great day!

I ordered a few items shipped from Ireland to Mid-America, including Thanksgiving, in 5 days. I have had domestic shipping take substantially longer than that. I didn't ask for air-mail yet they sent that way anyway. Extremely responsive, and their prices on many things are amazing. I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences with them, or other online merchants? Have a great day!
Well, this is very timely and a bit ironic.

I'm glad to hear this recent report, because I'm now considering using them for a Pearl razor to be shipped to the States.

However earlier last Sunday, I recently considered using them for a European product in short demand here in the states. I finally passed on using Shaving.ie due to them being across the pond, and subsequently chose a Canadian supplier due to closer physical proximity. After checking stock via email, I placed my order late Tuesday night, including paying for upgraded shipping. My credit card was charged Wednesday. It's now Sunday morning, and my order is still sitting in queue & unfulfilled. I do realize it's Thanksgiving Holiday & Black Friday here in the states. But needless to say - I'm becoming concerned. I'll have to follow-up Monday, if I don't get a change of status.

From your post, it seems if I placed my order Sunday with Shaving.ie (as I originally contemplated), I might already have my order.

I have used them a few times and they are great. Their service is the best and their prices also very good. They are a 5 star company IMO.

I have used them several times and found them to be great, will use them again. Connaught shaving in UK is also very good.

Well, this is very timely and a bit ironic.

I'm glad to hear this recent report, because I'm now considering using them for a Pearl razor to be shipped to the States.

However earlier last Sunday, I recently considered using them for a European product in short demand here in the states. I finally passed on using Shaving.ie due to them being across the pond, and subsequently chose a Canadian supplier due to closer physical proximity. After checking stock via email, I placed my order late Tuesday night, including paying for upgraded shipping. My credit card was charged Wednesday. It's now Sunday morning, and my order is still sitting in queue & unfulfilled. I do realize it's Thanksgiving Holiday & Black Friday here in the states. But needless to say - I'm becoming concerned. I'll have to follow-up Monday, if I don't get a change of status.

From your post, it seems if I placed my order Sunday with Shaving.ie (as I originally contemplated), I might already have my order.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Canadian company, I hope it comes through soon, I am sure it will. I had the same reservations this being overseas, so I made a small purchase first. When I looked at comments on their site other people had 5 day shipping to the states (I think that is Air-mail). I wanted to upgrade to air-mail so it could be traced, and not take 2 weeks. When I contacted them the next morning they had already sent the package air-mail. I ordered it Monday and received it Friday. They seem to really want your business.

The way I figure it, unless the business is close by there isn't much you can do about a bad company except dispute the charge, even if it is domestic. I am more apprehensive if it is outside Western Europe, or the UK, and maybe Japan. But I usually deal with companies I already know are legit. This one I wasn't 100% positive. Best of luck.

:thumbup: I am glad others have had similar experiences with them. I agree, they seem like a top notch operation.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Canadian company, I hope it comes through soon, I am sure it will. I had the same reservations this being overseas, so I made a small purchase first. When I looked at comments on their site other people had 5 day shipping to the states (I think that is Air-mail). I wanted to upgrade to air-mail so it could be traced, and not take 2 weeks. When I contacted them the next morning they had already sent the package air-mail. I ordered it Monday and received it Friday. They seem to really want your business.

The way I figure it, unless the business is close by there isn't much you can do about a bad company except dispute the charge, even if it is domestic. I am more apprehensive if it is outside Western Europe, or the UK, and maybe Japan. But I usually deal with companies I already know are legit. This one I wasn't 100% positive. Best of luck.
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I agree that an entity's rep supersedes geographical proximity. Though that being said, since I try to deal only with only quality orgs I do prefer domestic locations firstly. Shaving.ie has an excellent rep, and they still might get my business if I pull the trigger on a Pearl razor since Pearl appears to have very little in the way of Domestic distribution.

As to my current situation, I was purposefully obscure to protect the vendor since they also have an excellent reputation here. A rep I would not want to sully. I suspect (I hope) the delay is due to the Thanksgiving Holiday rush, and I would not have even brought the subject up, except for believing it supports your post in that Shaving.ie and other overseas orgs can deliver as quickly as more local North American vendors - if they desire to do so & the stars align properly.

I'd also like to add: I recently ordered directly from Plisson (blaireauxplisson.com) in Paris France. I had the same experience you just had - 5 days exactly from my order to my Stateside door, including a tracking number! Amazing! I posted a thread on it awhile back.

So your point is valid & I support it: If need be, I would not hesitate to order overseas from organizations with fast turnaround & shipping times that have a good rep here!

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I agree that an entity's rep supersedes geographical proximity. Though that being said, since I try to deal only with only quality orgs I do prefer domestic locations firstly. Shaving.ie has an excellent rep, and they still might get my business if I pull the trigger on a Pearl razor since Pearl appears to have very little in the way of Domestic distribution.

As to my current situation, I was purposefully obscure to protect the vendor since they also have an excellent reputation here. A rep I would not want to sully. I suspect (I hope) the delay is due to the Thanksgiving Holiday rush, and I would not have even brought the subject up, except for believing it supports your post in that Shaving.ie and other overseas orgs can deliver as quickly as more local North American vendors - if they desire to do so & the stars align properly.

I'd also like to add: I recently ordered directly from Plisson (blaireauxplisson.com) in Paris France. I had the same experience you just had - 5 days exactly from my order to my Stateside door, including a tracking number! Amazing! I posted a thread on it awhile back.

So your point is valid & I support it: If need be, I would not hesitate to order overseas from organizations with fast turnaround & shipping times that have a good rep here!

I prefer to order domestic as well.

Take Care.

I have used them several times and each order was shipped quickly and accurately. They also have great prices on many things.

My go to vender, good prices and fast shipping. If they have what you need i'd say you can't do any better, 5 stars in my book.

+1 on the great service from Shaving.ie.
I've had 3 orders all shipped to my APO.
From Ireland to the US and back here to the APO in Germany takes no longer than anything straight from the US stores.
And, they deduct the VAT when it goes past the Irish borders.....
They are high on my list of preferred sellers.
[MENTION=58006]Marcos1[/MENTION]...Just saw the previous question...... I've never had any Customs issues with anything from Shaving.ie but my orders have all been under the $100 mark.

Top Bottom