What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

Escudo is my favorite. I have 2 tins of nightcap in the cellar collecting dust that I need to try still.

I purchased a time of Nightcap when I got the Escudo and have enjoyed it. I will definitely be grabbing more.

In reference to the naming of this pipe...a decision has been made. I present to you, Sally

As in "Mustang Sally". I'm a huge classic Mustang guy, having owned and restored 3 that I had to sell in a divorce 6 years ago. There will be another parked at my house soon though! Anyways, I heard the song "Mustang Sally" while riding around today and enjoying a bow of CH in an old Willard that belonged to my grandfather and I thought that was a perfect name for my pipe. I've not loaded her up tonight and likely won't as it's a cold and rainy night here and I'm just not feeling it.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
In reference to the naming of this pipe...a decision has been made. I present to you, Sally

As in "Mustang Sally". I'm a huge classic Mustang guy, having owned and restored 3 that I had to sell in a divorce 6 years ago. There will be another parked at my house soon though! Anyways, I heard the song "Mustang Sally" while riding around today and enjoying a bow of CH in an old Willard that belonged to my grandfather and I thought that was a perfect name for my pipe. I've not loaded her up tonight and likely won't as it's a cold and rainy night here and I'm just not feeling it.

Nice name! Sally will have a beautiful golden-brown crown once you break her in a bit. So, what're you going to call your grandfather's pipe? :001_smile

Nice name! Sally will have a beautiful golden-brown crown once you break her in a bit. So, what're you going to call your grandfather's pipe? :001_smile

Easy..."Big John", his old CB handle. Though it's a wonderfully ironic name as the pipe is tiny! A 20 minute smoke tops [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Easy..."Big John", his old CB handle. Though it's a wonderfully ironic name as the pipe is tiny! A 20 minute smoke tops [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lol: Awesome! I've had guitars, pipes, pens, cars, etc. that I've wanted to name, but can never commit to a personified name. That's cool that you're able to have that type of a reference to your gear. :thumbup:

:lol: Awesome! I've had guitars, pipes, pens, cars, etc. that I've wanted to name, but can never commit to a personified name. That's cool that you're able to have that type of a reference to your gear. :thumbup:

Thanks! I picked up the habit in the Army. Drill Sergeant made us name our rifles, straight out of Full Metal Jacket but the habit stuck. My Basic Training M16 was Darlene, by the way hahaha

Just fired up bowl number 8 in Sally, a perfect night for Nightcap. At this point the shiny white luster of the new bowl is completely gone and in its place the pipe has taken on an eggshell color over all. One can just see a touch of color beginning to come down the outside from the rim but my photography skills are not up to capturing this in a photo just yet. I will say that my one bowl of Escudo has been my best so far, very pleasant. I'm enjoying the Nightcap too though. It's a dark, cold, and rainy night here. Just seems perfect for the Dunhill Nightcap

And bowl 9 was had as well...had to have some Escudo before bed. After mentioning it earlier I just couldn't quit thinking about it.

Wow, I've not had a bowl in Sally since the 5th...yikes[emoji848]. Time to rectify that. Have a little Escudo out to dry and about to head outside on a cold and grey Sunday to enjoy a bowl.

Decided to do a comparison...brand new pipe through bowl number 9. Starting to see some color coming down the outside!

Top Bottom