What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

It was his main one. He also occasionally smoked a cherry aro, which is what is left in the bowl. I cannot figure out which though it has to be an OTC brand.

Going back to my first dabbles into pipes and cherry aros around that time frame, I can only recall really seeing 2 main ones on the shelf. Borkum Riff had a cherry blend, and Paladin Black Cherry was the other. I can't remember if the Capt. Black Cherry goes back that far or not...

Going back to my first dabbles into pipes and cherry aros around that time frame, I can only recall really seeing 2 main ones on the shelf. Borkum Riff had a cherry blend, and Paladin Black Cherry was the other. I can't remember if the Capt. Black Cherry goes back that far or not...

He was smoking a cherry aro as far back as the late '60's, my mom, who was born in '62 says she vividly remembers the smell of the cherry but cannot remember a brand.

My Strambach meer arrived today!!!

I'm going to use this thread to document both it's coloring progression and my enjoyment of it. About to head out for it's first smoke...think it is gonna be Nightcap.

Congratulations! That is a great pipe. I've found it always helps to have goals...

$lee van cleef.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thank you, sir! The BL has been somewhat of a Mos Eisley Spaceport in my eyes, you know, cause one "will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" and I for one love it here and offer that quote with the utmost respect and affection!

Sorry, bit of a Star Wars nerd

Then you must certainly are in the right place, my good man.

I also agree with not worrying about fingerprints, smudges, a bit of rim scorching, or what have you. I'm a pipe smoker, not an archeologist, and it's not a borrowed pipe.

Cheers!

Then you must certainly are in the right place, my good man.

I also agree with not worrying about fingerprints, smudges, a bit of rim scorching, or what have you. I'm a pipe smoker, not an archeologist, and it's not a borrowed pipe.

Cheers!

So, so, so we'll said!

This was a great idea for a thread. Looking forward to the progression pics and the ridiculous banter between the scum.

This was a great idea for a thread. Looking forward to the progression pics and the ridiculous banter between the scum.

Thank you, sir. I too am hoping for some ridiculousness in this thread...if for no other reason than to keep it going.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A purist are ye? [emoji6] I've not seen a pair of white gloves since my days in the Army and it's none of your beeswax where my beeswax is hahaha! I'm afraid I might disappoint a lot of Meerschaum aficionados in this journey as I'm truly making this pipe mine, fingerprints and smudges be damned!
200 years ago, I don't believe men wore glove while smoking their meers. I'm with you, make it your own. The beauty of meer is that they color differently for different people.

This is an excellent idea for a thread. I wish I did something like this for my meers. Don't worry about the handling. I only have one meter that I don't touch, and I don't think it looks much different that my others that I handle regularly.

This is an excellent idea for a thread. I wish I did something like this for my meers. Don't worry about the handling. I only have one meter that I don't touch, and I don't think it looks much different that my others that I handle regularly.

Thank you, sir. I'm just enjoying the ride so far. Can't wait to see what happens

I think thats an awesome Idea. If its ok with you, Ill join in and start on my new meer I just ordered. THat way we can see the differences in coloration. I wont be white gloving it either lol.

I think thats an awesome Idea. If its ok with you, Ill join in and start on my new meer I just ordered. THat way we can see the differences in coloration. I wont be white gloving it either lol.

Glad to have ya join. The more the merrier.

While the white gloves and beeswax crack was meant to be scarcastic, after a few months of smoking rubbing the pipe with beeswax while it is warm from smoking will bring the color from the the tars and nicotene to the surface faster than letting nature run its course. There are detailed discussions on the web as to why, so I'll leave the research up to you. Enjoy the journey either way.

While the white gloves and beeswax crack was meant to be scarcastic, after a few months of smoking rubbing the pipe with beeswax while it is warm from smoking will bring the color from the the tars and nicotene to the surface faster than letting nature run its course. There are detailed discussions on the web as to why, so I'll leave the research up to you. Enjoy the journey either way.

The sarcasm was noted and my reply was in jest as well. Though I definitely won't be handling with a white glove or any other thing for sure, I imagine that in in time I will partake of the wax regimen. Thank you for the well wishes and explaining how the wax works.

Top Bottom