What's new

What are the equivalent colognes for aftershaves you like?

I'm not just saying based off of notes you've read, but really what you've tried:

I would love a
pinaud special reserve

TOBS sandalwood and cedarwood

CF GTB Summerstorm

DR Harris Marlborough (love this- and the one one the list I don't think I can find an easy equivalent of)

Maggard: northern moss, LBS, Eton College
St James: [FONT=&amp]Mandarin & Patchouli, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Black Pepper & Lime[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

I know there are equivalent colognes, but from what I read about DR Harris and TOBS, they don't last as long as normal colognes

Feel like bnb is the best place to ask vs some plae like basenotes, where people may be more familiar with fragrances than aftershaves

Last edited:
I found mine in reverse
In Spain, some Eroski Supermarkets sell a whopping Litre size bottle of Varon Dandy Cologne for less than €15.
It's been produced since 1917 and was and still is the cologne of choice for Spanish Gentlemen.
It's a powerful, leathery scent that although strong, is also inoffensive. Well preserved middle aged women have complimented me that the scent "smells nice"
Older Spanish ladies often smile.
The cologne version smells fantastic, but it can dry the skin out. Purely by chance I found a 100ml aftershave version for about €11 in a Spar shop.
It has the same great scent, but is more subtle and is kinder to freshly shaved skin.

I have read that Varon Dandy is popular with Cubans, which is probably the reason why it is also popular in Miami

If you like Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve or Tabac Original, you'll probably like Varon Dandy

Pinaud SR and Aramis, Jocomo de Jocomo, English Leather or VCA pour Homme

Pinaud LV and Geurlain Vetiver, Kouros, Lapidus, Bijan

Pinaud Vanilla and polo green, any other piney scent

Bay rums with any spicey oriental

Skin Bracer with Davidoff Zino and any other ambery or vanilla cologne

Clubman with sweeter cologne and Knize ten or Valentino Uomo.

Like sec and citrus musk with any light cologne if you like citrus.

Top Bottom