What's new

Chicken Wings

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
alishock:
Wings...the quintessential Game Day food!!!
proxy.php

Nothing complicated mind you...first I dry rub (garlic salt & white pepper) my wings. Fry the wings in
canola oil (375*) about 14mins until they were crisp on the outside. After that, toss them in your favorite Buffalo (w/ honey, a 'tad' of melted butter & onion flakes), or sauce of choice
and enjoy
!!! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“And believe me,… great chicken [wings] can make anybody believe in the existence of God”. Sherman Alexie

Smoke them on the grill with applewood and then use the hot sauce of your choice. Shake on gound jalapeno and red pepper flakes to your desired level of heat. :001_smile

My wife makes stuffed chicken wings the stuffing being liberated sausage meat. So the spicier the sausage the spicier the wing.

dave

Part the wings. Sprinkle with Slap Yo Momma, piri piri (bird's eye pepper) powder and some olive oil. Let them sit in the fridge for a few hours, up to overnight. Hit them with more piri piri before cooking them indirect at 400. After cooked, hit the wings with your favorite hot sauce and melted butter warmed. My current favorite is a ghost pepper BBQ sauce.

The AP seasoning is covered by Slap.... and the piri piri brings the heat. Both are supplemented by adding your favorite sauce. You can go hot or sweet on top of that base. Yum.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Did a simple marinade with garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, oil, crushed chilli's and srichara sauce.

Sprinkle wings with Old Bay, Lawrys, Creole Seasoning or just plain old salt and pepper.
Make a sauce of 2 parts: Franks Red Hot, and one part each Maple Syrup and honey.
Grill (indirect heat) wings for about 25 minutes, then paint with sauce 3 or 4 times about 5-7 minutes apart, letting the sauce thicken and caramelize. They should be a deep mahogany, slightly sticky and crispy when done.

I used to love deep fried wings but then started grilling them and love them better this way. Typically toss them in some olive oil, salt/pepper and garlic powder and grill over direct heat until crispy. Toss them in some Thai sweet chili sauce or half butter/half hot sauce with some more garlic powder. Honey and BBQ sauce is another favorite. Crisp them up and then sauce em up!

There is about 10 zillion ways to prepare wings. All of them being great! I grill, fry, bake, smoke heck anyway I can prepare them I will. Sauced or dry. I think I might make some next week now.

Glad to see I am not the only one who likes to cook a mess of wings on the grill. I love to make these, and thanks to Costco I make them every Saturday night on my egg knock off, the Acorn.

Glad to see I am not the only one who likes to cook a mess of wings on the grill. I love to make these, and thanks to Costco I make them every Saturday night on my egg knock off, the Acorn.
Knock-off or not, the Akorn is a great kamado-style cooker. And the price can be very right.

Best wings for me, Alton Brown recipe. Can season with just about anything, but steaming before baking on cooling rack over parchment paper makes for juicy inside and crunchy outer wings done just right.

I never really do wings at home. Being just 45 miles from the origin of them, almost every single pizza place, bar, and diner in the area carries Buffalo wings. One of the places my friends and I hang out at once in a while even does a special, if you go in on your birthday and prove it with your ID, they serve you a wing for every year you've been alive, for free. I recall a few times a group of 4 or 5 of us going through 55 wings. lol

Top Bottom