What's new

Who likes Mead?

I like it chilled, though I don't know if that's the typical way b/c I like all my drinks cold regardless.

When I've ordered it out, it seemed that the lower abv ones were served at lower temperatures. So, 5-6% (and carbonated) where chilled like a beer. 12%+ (and still) were served around wine cellar temperature 55 °F (13 °C). I know that some people mull the higher abv still ones with spices and serve it warm, and I had some at a party like that.
:thumbup1:

I make my own mead. It is pretty fun but honey is getting expensive. Over the solstice till yule I'll be cracking open a bottle or two of a blueberry/blackberry mead (well technically I guess that is a melomel) I bottled back in Apr 15, so while still a little young it should be coming into it's own by now.

You can get started with mead with very little equipment. A few glass carboys (or even just a really clean bucket!), a tight lid, and some hose is about it, though of course airlocks, siphons, and SG meters help a lot. The biggest mess is just sterilizing everything and cleaning up afterwards (and keeping dirty kid hands away :)

I make my own mead. It is pretty fun but honey is getting expensive. Over the solstice till yule I'll be cracking open a bottle or two of a blueberry/blackberry mead (well technically I guess that is a melomel) I bottled back in Apr 15, so while still a little young it should be coming into it's own by now.

You can get started with mead with very little equipment. A few glass carboys (or even just a really clean bucket!), a tight lid, and some hose is about it, though of course airlocks, siphons, and SG meters help a lot. The biggest mess is just sterilizing everything and cleaning up afterwards (and keeping dirty kid hands away :)

My uncle started bee keeping last year and wants to try his hand at making mead sometime in the near future.

I LOVE me some mead. My homebrew partners and I sometimes put together a batch. Commercially there are a few I'm not a fan of. But I love Carroll's the best.

I wonder if that brand can be found here in TN? Is mead in or near the beer section?

EEZEE, Cool Springs Wine and Spirits in Franklin has Chaucer's, Redstone and a couple of imports in the high gravity beer section of the store. The Chaucer's is around $13 to $14 and the Redstone (from Colorado) is about $20. The imports were more in the $30 range.

EEZEE, Cool Springs Wine and Spirits in Franklin has Chaucer's, Redstone and a couple of imports in the high gravity beer section of the store. The Chaucer's is around $13 to $14 and the Redstone (from Colorado) is about $20. The imports were more in the $30 range.
Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Top Bottom