What's new

New Brush - Oddjob

UPDATE: The knot is fantastic! A bit less backbone than TGN finest and softer, and releases the lather much better. It shed maybe 10 hairs during cleaning and the first few lathers but I don't think that's anything to complain about. This has quickly become my favorite knot. Whips up a lather nicely and feels oh-so-good on the face. These flew under the radar for me and I would've never known about them if a member hadn't made a post about their half off going out of business sale. I bought two but the first one went into a handle as a gift for a friend. I wish I would've used a TGN and kept it for myself so I could use one every other day. Too bad these guys closed up shop, I'd buy another half dozen for future handles so I'd have one for every day of the week! Does anybody know where Shave Revolution sourced their knots from?

Attachments

• $IMG_1304.jpg
    $IMG_1304.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 26
  • $IMG_1306.jpg
    $IMG_1306.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25
  • $IMG_1305.jpg
    $IMG_1305.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 26

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I'm a bit older ,The handle reminds of the tv show Bonanza . Little Joe used to ride a Horse that looked like it.
Very Very Nice . (child hood memories)

Beautiful brush and awesome looking lather there Jay! Is that one of your bowls that you turned?

Thanks Dave. This knot is a dream, especially considering the price. It would've replaced TGN finest for me. Yes, this is a bowl I made from AAA figured maple w/CA finish.

I'm a bit older ,The handle reminds of the tv show Bonanza . Little Joe used to ride a Horse that looked like it.
Very Very Nice . (child hood memories)

I was thinking of doing one with black & white so it would look like a cow! I suppose I could make one look like a Pinto horse as well, I'll have to try.

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks Dave. This knot is a dream, especially considering the price. It would've replaced TGN finest for me. Yes, this is a bowl I made from AAA figured maple w/CA finish.

I was thinking of doing one with black & white so it would look like a cow! I suppose I could make one look like a Pinto horse as well, I'll have to try.
[emoji23] I think that the horse is called a palomino[emoji106]

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Jay sorry about the horse remark ,I hope I did not offend you in anyway.
The brush is very nice and the color pattern just reminded Me of his horse.
you are right about the Pinto name. all I know about horses is tail and mane hair make nice brushes
proxy.php

Jay sorry about the horse remark ,I hope I did not offend you in anyway.
The brush is very nice and the color pattern just reminded Me of his horse.
you are right about the Pinto name. all I know about horses is tail and mane hair make nice brushes

Not at all Steve! When I first finished it I thought "I should've used black & white so it would've looked like a cow", so we were definitely on the same page. I intend to try it in the future, but I like your idea of it looking like a horse better. Horses are a much more elegant creature, cows just make great food and tipping fodder :lol:

Top Bottom