What's new

Armpits sometimes get clogged with anti pers/deodorant.alternatives?

Get some decent talc. Clubman or Jeris. It's about the best odor protection you'll get outside of a general antiperspirant or deodorant. Talc and alum are what our ancestors used prior to the advent of modern deodorant sticks.

You can also use a cornstarch based powder if you're worried about talc heavy metals.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
A good antibacterial body soap can help kill the underarm bacteria that contribute to the odor in the first place. It is controversial as many feel the anti bacterial soaps do more harm than good, but a vigorous scrubbing under the arms with Dial soap and a rough Japanese style bath towel might do wonders, to the point less under arm deodorant is needed, or for the less sweaty,none. However YMMV greatly and Dial soap will no longer have the magic ingredient come next year.

People are going to start stashing anti-bacterial soap now. :tongue_sm

Honestly though, people could just use apple cider vinegar instead. It won't dry your skin out, kills bacteria, and once it has dried, doesn't have an odor.

Alum block usually clogs my pores, less than deodorant. I don't like the fact it has to be applied wet though the most, it just seems to add to the perspiration that comes after it, and I dont want to wipe a dirty armpit with a clean towel.

The cornstarch based powder might be worth looking at

Wiping down with apple cider vinegar might not be a bad idea. I don't think my sweat glands clogs like being blocked by alum, powder, Aperspirant PERIOD

is is the roll on liquid? I got that, or is this a stick ? I couldnt open it in store and I think it had a womanly scent to it

I use Thai Deodorant Stone. Its Alum. I cut my own hair with clippers so when I cut my hair I put a blending guard on the clippers and mow down my arm pit hair too. After a shower I splash some generic witch hazel under my arms and then wet the Thai stone and rub under each arm for about a minute each. I can go two days without any pit odor at all. I love the Thai stone. It also lasts me 6+ months. I've heard other people say the stone doesn't work for them so I guess its a YMMV thing but I'll never go back speed sticks or similar again as long as I can get the Thai Stone.

I use Thai Deodorant Stone. Its Alum. I cut my own hair with clippers so when I cut my hair I put a blending guard on the clippers and mow down my arm pit hair too. After a shower I splash some generic witch hazel under my arms and then wet the Thai stone and rub under each arm for about a minute each. I can go two days without any pit odor at all. I love the Thai stone. It also lasts me 6+ months. I've heard other people say the stone doesn't work for them so I guess its a YMMV thing but I'll never go back speed sticks or similar again as long as I can get the Thai Stone.

FYI the crystal 'deodorant stick' a few ppl reccomended here is just an alum block (alum potassium)
the roll on is a cool non-aluminum, roll on liquid. It's working for me so far.

I dont get applicatoin. Your armpits stink...you wash them then apply wet? You apply wet on top of the stink, and then dry with a towel? Where does drying/towel fall in here?

FYI the crystal 'deodorant stick' a few ppl reccomended here is just an alum block (alum potassium)
the roll on is a cool non-aluminum, roll on liquid. It's working for me so far.

I dont get applicatoin. Your armpits stink...you wash them then apply wet? You apply wet on top of the stink, and then dry with a towel? Where does drying/towel fall in here?

I get out of the shower and dry off. I splash some witch hazel in my hand and rub it in my arm pit, wet the stone under cold water and apply to my under arm for about 60 seconds then repeat on the other under arm and just let them dry on their own. You can't apply this if you already stink and expect it to work. It doesn't cover odors that already exist. Apply when you are clean, fresh out of the shower and it inhibits odor really well for up to two days for me the few times I couldn't shower daily....camping, road trips, ect.

This the product I use but I get it from Whole Foods Market: https://www.amazon.com/Thai-Deodorant-Stone-Crystal-Deodorant-Ounce/dp/B000AN1JEI?th=1

Last edited:
This!
proxy.php

I was continually getting a rash in my armpits from spray on anti-perspirant deodorant and my white t-shirts would eventually stain yellow. This stuff was a game changer for me five six years ago and I never looked back. Apply while underarms are wet and let air dry. Prevents the growth of bacteria, and thus controls odor.

~Royce

+1

Top Bottom