Not open for further replies.
Gents,

From this date [24/06/08] My shave setup for this month will be

Simpson CH1 Best
Mama Bear Neroli SS
Dubl Duck Satinedge 5/8
The Gentlemans Refinery Standard ASB

And a rotation through my various EDTs/EDPs/Perfume Oils and colognes

I am posting this here partly as reference to me and partly to explain why I'm doing this.

I feel the only way I am going to master the straight is by removing variables and concentrating purely on technique, and not worrying about the way different products perform. I know the mama bears works very very well, as does the simpson and the GR. Now the only thing I have left to master is my hands, my facial skin, and my nerves

Once more into the breach!!!

Richie, this sounds like a well thought out plan and I wish you well. I think by the end of 30 days, you'll feel so much better about your shaves. Enjoy!!!

I really thought I wouldn't have he courage to try and master it but that I've given it a chance I am growing to love a straight razor shave

Congratulations on the beginning of your journey!
Welcome to the world of str8's -- otherwise known as the brotherhood of the blade.

I've done 4 maybe 5 shaves with a straight, my 1st one was a bit of a dissapointment with a double arrow razor, but then when I tried out the custom scaled dubl duck I purchased, the whole thing changed and it felt a hundred times better. I think I might offload the double arrow soon.

Good luck, Richie! I'm somewhat curious about the straight thing but not enough to give it a go. At least, not yet.

MB's Neroli does rock, tho. You're right about that. :biggrin:

I thought you were only shaving once this month...

I was just about to PM a mod so he could take measures against such anarchic, irreverent and profane behavior.:mad3:
:lol:
Seriously, good luck. stick with the best performers and hopefully you will get very good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom