What's new

December Theme Month 2016

So with the great success that the November Theme month has had we are going to continue this until interest dies down. It is going to be the same format as November but obviously with different themes. So let us know if you are in and any soaps that you are planning on using.

For December the schedule is as follows:

1st thru 6th : Vetiver based scents
7th thru 12th: Barbershop based scents
13th thru 18th: Sandalwood based scents
19th thru 24th: Pine, Spruce, Birch, Juniper, etc you get the idea I hope
25th thru 31st: Something new or something forgotten (did you get some new soaps for the holidays whichever holiday you celebrate? Or do you have a soap that just sits in the back that hasn't been used in who knows how long? Now is the time to use them)

I have gotten some great ideas that have been messaged to me. Please also post ideas for January here or message me. I will post January near the end of December and am coming up with ideas now.

So who is in for December?

Barbershop. But that gives me some days to enjoy Haslinger or Tobac again. I tend to keep supplies to a minimum, but samples have helped to cover the odds and ends.

1st thru 6th : Pure2O Vetiver!
7th thru 12th: Barbershop - don't have anything "Barbershop" specifically
13th thru 18th: Beehive Sandalwood, Proraso Red, MW Coconut Sandalwood, Sudsy Sandalwood&Myrrh
19th thru 24th: Soap Commander Passion is closest which has Teakwood
25th thru 31st: I can't remember if I have any forgotten soaps... :blink:

I'm in for December, have everything covered except for the pine week.
B&M vetyver santal /Victoria &Margaret vetiver
Strop Shoppe barbershop /Fine AB soap
AOS sandalwood ( tallow ) / Captains choice sandalwood soap
I'll look through samples, but I'm lacking on this one
We'll see what Santa brings:001_smile

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have a sample of Mickey Lee's Soap Works Reunion which is a vetiver based soap and Stirling Ozark Mountain. I've been looking forward to using the Ozark Mountain.

The 19th thru the 24th will be hardest week for me. But a lot of people messaged me about that being a theme. I think I have two soaps that will fit the bill.

Also I am still accepting messages for January and February.

The 19th thru the 24th will be hardest week for me. But a lot of people messaged me about that being a theme. I think I have two soaps that will fit the bill.

Also I am still accepting messages for January and February.

You have Latha Taiga I believe - wouldn't that fit? :thumbup1:

I have a sample of Mickey Lee's Soap Works Reunion which is a vetiver based soap and Stirling Ozark Mountain. I've been looking forward to using the Ozark Mountain.

I might use the Ozark Mountain, as well. Sharp Dressed Man probably fits in there. Does Cade count? It has juniper.

I only remember having a single vetiver (WSP Rustic) and barbershop (B&M Seville) soap, but I'll take another break from 3017 to join in one shave those weeks. However, I'm all in for sandalwood week!

AoSt, Haslinger, Proraso Red, Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood, Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Myrrh, DR Harris.

Get signed up gents. Only a couple days away from December.

To answer some questions about the pine week. I want to stress this is supposed to be fun and not strict so if you can find a way to make a soap fit in the category post away and let us know how. That is half the fun of these theme months. In my opinion.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'll play. Had a great time doing the last two months!

1st thru 6th : Vetiver - Medico de la Peste (Plague Doctor) lists Vetiver as a base note. So I think Im good there.

7th thru 12th: Barbershop - have quite a few here, including Stirling Barbershop

13th thru 18th: Sandalwood - loads of Sandalwood. Latest love is Holy Black Sandalwood Smoke!

19th thru 24th: Pine, Spruce, Birch, Juniper, etc --- Ozark Mountain FTW!!!

25th thru 31st: Something new or something forgotten -- got loads of stuff lurking back there. But I have a puck of Flying Fish Beer Shaving Soap I have bought and never got around to using. That will be the go to soap for that week.

I'll play. Had a great time doing the last two months!

1st thru 6th : Vetiver - Medico de la Peste (Plague Doctor) lists Vetiver as a base note. So I think Im good there.

7th thru 12th: Barbershop - have quite a few here, including Stirling Barbershop

13th thru 18th: Sandalwood - loads of Sandalwood. Latest love is Holy Black Sandalwood Smoke!

19th thru 24th: Pine, Spruce, Birch, Juniper, etc --- Ozark Mountain FTW!!!

25th thru 31st: Something new or something forgotten -- got loads of stuff lurking back there. But I have a puck of Flying Fish Beer Shaving Soap I have bought and never got around to using. That will be the go to soap for that week.

I have never heard of Holy Black Sandalwood Smoke before but that sounds intriguing. Can you describe the scent?

1st - 6th: I don't have any vetiver soap or cream
7th - 12th: I guess ToBS Mr Taylor or DR Harris Windsor are what I have closest to Barbershop
13th - 18th: ToBS Sandalwood, DR Harris Sandelwood, Proraso Red
19th - 24th: ToBS Cedarwood or Occitane Cade would be what I have closest
25th - 31st: êShave Avocado, St James Pepper and Lime and quite a few more

Top Bottom