What's new

Anyone build their cologne selection off of their AS selection?

I feel like AS offer a lot more diverse scents/for the price

Anyone build one off the other? Some AS companies sell colognes like Taylor of London, while others you can get base notes and scents off of and look for similar things

Not sure if I buy frags based on my aftershave, but I sure do like to figure out which aftershave goes with my frags the best. If I can't find one, I use a lighter scented one or one that the scent dies quickly.

I might get an aftershave that goes well with a certain fragrance based on a recommendation.

Yes, always. I would even say soap also. There is a common note in all my combos e.g

XXX(soap), XXX(a/s)-CKone (oakmoss)

Pre de Provence soap, PdP a/s, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (sage)

Not for me. Generally if I'm using an aftershave I won't wear cologne. I shave every other day so I rotate between the two.

Soap or cream has absolutely no bearing on the aftershave I wear. I'll use a lime-scented soap or creme most of the time but rarely will I follow up with a lime aftershave.

90% of the time, I use a generic cologne, 4711, as my aftershave splash. Then a balm from the same scent family as my soap. $&!! is soothing, but bright enough to wake me up. The scent fades quickly. I rarely spray on colognes afterwards, but if I do, it's a classic like Roger & Gallett Farina, Cella Classica Colonia. If scent-centric shave occurred, I will use a grapefruit or rose or neroli AS.

Top Bottom