What's new

El Jefe Single Edge Razor Head ?

I broke down and ordered an El Jefe head blemishes and all. Feather AC Pro Packs of 20 blades are currently 11.70 from Amazon...

That is exactly the same thing I have ordered. I am looking forward to try the razor and the blades.
I have zero experience with AC style blades but I had to start with, I'll see how it goes. I like sharp blades but not to aggressive, on a DE I typically prefer the Polsilver or the Gillette Silver Blue over the Feather. Hopefully the AC Professional Blade are closer to the Gillette than the Feather DE

I broke down and ordered an El Jefe head blemishes and all. Feather AC Pro Packs of 20 blades are currently 11.70 from Amazon...
I've been looking at SE razors all day. I have never used one and was wanting to give it a go. I keep wavering on this head because of all the bad reviews. But, it is only $20 and looks like it will fit the maggard handles. I don't have the money to spend on the $100+ razors.

Ugh. What to do.

Rocky, depends on how aggressive you like your razors. El Jefe is at or near the top of the aggression curve.

The IB Hawk is milder using Kai Titan mild blades. It also is inexpensive.

Rocky, depends on how aggressive you like your razors. El Jefe is at or near the top of the aggression curve.

The IB Hawk is milder using Kai Titan mild blades. It also is inexpensive.
Ah. Ok. I like my razors on the milder side. How do the top caps affect the shave i.e. round vs flat? Does it make a difference in finding the right angle?

I don't find a difference in ease of finding the right angle, although the round top caps allow for a bit wider range of shaving angles.

I keep wavering on this head because of all the bad reviews. But, it is only $20 and looks like it will fit the maggard handles. I don't have the money to spend on the $100+ razors.

Ugh. What to do.

It is a good-shaving head, but it does come with a learning curve. I'd describe it as fairly aggressive, but if you load it as described previously and use no pressure, it will treat your right. And it will mate with any standard handle. I'm using an MR5 on mine.

Mine has shipped out. I will post my impression after I shave with it. Carefully loading a blade is not a problem. Aggressive is not either since I am happy with my R41

I received and tried the El Jefe today. I assembled it as described in post #17 and I think the blade (AC Professional) was positioned all way back. Everything looked aligned and firm.
I founded it quite aggressive (compared to what I'm used to). I have to see how it goes with the next shaves but maybe I have to try a different blade as well (suggestions?).

I have shaved with mine twice so far and really like it. I paired it with my Muhle R103 handle (one of the lightest handles I own) and it works really well. I am also using the Feather AC Pro blade.

I'm using the Ikon bulldog handle I got with my X3.

Regarding the blade, I was thinking if a sharper one would help. But I'm not familiar with AC style blades.

I had my second shave yesterday and it went a lot better. I paid more attention to the angle and i got a good shave. I need to work a little better on the hard spots where I usually need to do a lot of touch ups. I'm still not impressed by the AC Professional. Are the Super sharper than the professional?

I had my second shave yesterday and it went a lot better. I paid more attention to the angle and i got a good shave. I need to work a little better on the hard spots where I usually need to do a lot of touch ups. I'm still not impressed by the AC Professional. Are the Super sharper than the professional?

Hi Omega,

The Feather Super blades are slightly wider in blade profile - from cutting edge to back of the blade than the Feather Pro blades. That is to give them more exposure in the Feather Artist Club Razors than the regular Feather Pro blades.

Top Bottom