What's new

Ouch! And it was my own fault.

I had to get up early this morning to go to a breakfast meeting. Overslept a bit and was in a hurry. 1 1/2 years shaving with a straight and it happened...

...brought the razor down to wipe it on a towel and drew it across the pad of my thumb #$%^&. It took almost 30 minutes to get the bleeding stopped - almost like an artery was hit. Finally got it stopped and bandaged up, but my goodness, is it sore!

Note to self - be awake and don't be in a hurry! :mad3:

I had to get up early this morning to go to a breakfast meeting. Overslept a bit and was in a hurry. 1 1/2 years shaving with a straight and it happened...

...brought the razor down to wipe it on a towel and drew it across the pad of my thumb #$%^&. It took almost 30 minutes to get the bleeding stopped - almost like an artery was hit. Finally got it stopped and bandaged up, but my goodness, is it sore!

Note to self - be awake and don't be in a hurry! :mad3:

Ouch!!! I hear and feel your pain...

I have found that even quite small "accidents" with straight razors to the fingers are painful for some time. I fear that yours will be awful.

Best wishes for speedy healing.

C.

I remember long ago when I was in a hurry at 4:30 a.m and had just finished up using a straight and closed it up and was finishing up and saw blood ? looked down and had apparently clipped off the very tip of my thumb and it bled like i slaughtered a hog, sorry for you mishap but mine taught me to never hurry, if I have to shave in a hurry I grab a DE/SE razor.

Ouch, yep, accidents happen, I was up at 4.30 to catch the red eye flight to the office. The Merkur slant was not a good choice for that early in the morning. Got to the office and was asked if I had shaved with a machete.

I keep a couple of these around!

$butterfly.jpg

Just got back from the doc. The thing wouldn't stop bleeding - 5 stitches later all is good...

Top Bottom