What's new

Whistle Pig Old World Rye Whiskey

Has anyone else tried this? It was recommended to me at my favorite spirits store, but is very expensive (over $100 a bottle). They did have a miniature of it for $10, so I bought it. Tried it last night and was blown away with it. I thought it was the best whiskey I have had, and yes, better than Pappy 15 year old. Looks like I will be spending the $100+ for a bottle.

Oh wow. I've never heard of this brand before. Could you post a pic of the label?

Thank you for sharing your discovery!!

Has anyone else tried this? It was recommended to me at my favorite spirits store, but is very expensive (over $100 a bottle). They did have a miniature of it for $10, so I bought it. Tried it last night and was blown away with it. I thought it was the best whiskey I have had, and yes, better than Pappy 15 year old. Looks like I will be spending the $100+ for a bottle.

:w00t: What was the age on this whiskey? I have seen it around the baton Rouge area for closer to $60. I have never tried it myself, though I here it is pretty good. I have stayed away from it personally because Whistle Pig sources there mash from a distillery in Indiana (as well as other whiskeys). They do age the mash at their own place in their barrels with their process. But their are too many other really good whiskeys that go through the entire process their selves. But hey...if it is good and you like it...who cares where it came from. Enjoy your rye!

JM, thanks for answering for me and providing the link. It is excellent whiskey, as is the 10 year old. Hate that it is so pricey.

What other rye whiskeys have you had that you really liked? I have been mostly a bourbon drinker in the past, but think I will be trying more ryes in the future.

JM, thanks for answering for me and providing the link. It is excellent whiskey, as is the 10 year old. Hate that it is so pricey.

What other rye whiskeys have you had that you really liked? I have been mostly a bourbon drinker in the past, but think I will be trying more ryes in the future.

I am way more into Bourbon and Scotch than Rye, but I have also enjoyed Bulleit Rye, Michters US*1 Rye and Woodford Rye

Top Bottom