What's new

Castle Forbes

One thing to remember with CF is to use lots of water. Without enough water the slickness can really suffer.

I would advise you to try a sample if you can, especially related to the scent. The Cedarwood/Sandalwood has a very particular scent on CF, not sweet at all and powerful. My wife hated it and said that it smells like the oil used to lubricate the bicycle chain or like I've been working in the garage the entire day :)

I'd strongly suggest getting samples of all three scents from Maggard Razors. IMO, the performance was quite good and definitely the best of any cream I've tried (TOBS, GFT, Proraso). VERY dense stuff, and a little will go a long way as others have said.

In terms of the scents I loved the lavender, thought the lime was good (but not for me), and didn't like the cedarwood/sandalwood. Aside from it making my face burn the wood scent is VERY dry, to the point of having an almost chemical smell to it. CF says it uses essential oils and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, but it is a unique wood scent.

A question for those of you who own the full tub: Do you scoop out of the tub or brush load?

With the samples I bought I tried both rubbing a dab into my beard and dropping it into a lather bowl. Neither felt particularly natural due to how dense the product is.

I'm the guy that went years saying cream is cream buying the lower end stuff. Last Chrismas I was gifted the CD Lime. Now I'm a believer. Best shaves I have ever had.

A question for those of you who own the full tub: Do you scoop out of the tub or brush load?

With the samples I bought I tried both rubbing a dab into my beard and dropping it into a lather bowl. Neither felt particularly natural due to how dense the product is.

Yeahnatenelson - I load my brush from the tub. I face lather and it loads very easily. Just swirl it around. It doesn't take much.

Another negative opinion here; I fall in the "overrated and overpriced" camp. I went through an entire tub of Lime and never really liked the performance, but ymmv.

Top Bottom