What's new

Recommend me a bar soap

Consider Mama Bears for cocoa butter based, and Mystic water for shea butter based.
I like both, but my skin likes cocoa better than shea.

Nivea makes a tallow bar. Very cheap and availible anywhere. It also does a great job.
Also this Norwegian soap maker makes a very good and cheap tallow and lanolin bar, unfortunately I do not think it's availible outside Norway

Sudsy Soapery's bar soaps are truly exceptional. I especially like any of their soaps made with goat's milk - probably the creamiest bar soaps I've ever used!

Duke Cannon Naval Supremecy...even if you weren't in the Navy. This stuff is great!

+1 on Duke Cannon I've used 3 of the different scents and all performed well! Leave my skin nice and smooth and are not difficult to rinse off.
I would also recommend the Dr. Squatch for the same reasons. Duke Cannon gets a slight edge due to the size of the bars and only 2 dollars more per bar than the Dr. Squatch.
I can't knock Dove Men+Care soap either, especially at the price difference.

Mysore Sandalwood Soap. Gets the job done, doesn't dry me out. It is hard to find. Many Indian stores carry it. Yardley is hard to beat at a buck.
The soap I can't use: Ivory

Mysore Sandalwood Soap. Gets the job done, doesn't dry me out. It is hard to find. Many Indian stores carry it. Yardley is hard to beat at a buck.
The soap I can't use: Ivory

+1 to the Mysore Sandal soap. I buy it by the 12 pack on Amazon (about a buck a bar, shipped). My wife and I love it so much that we have it as a subscription order to ensure we keep in stock.

I'm also a fan of Sterling's, but another soap I like is South of France. It lathers beautifully and comes in some very nice scents.

From their site: "Our luxuriously lathering all-vegetable soap is triple-milled in the Marseille tradition for a pampering cleansing experience. Coconut Oil and sustainable Palm Oil create a creamy lather; natural Glycerin combines with organic Shea butter to leave your skin soft and deeply moisturized".

I came across it while I was at a local health food store buying some witch hazel. It comes is oval 6 oz. bars and I like that the same scents also come in 1.5 oz travel bars.

Was lucky to get my hands on a testers bar of Wickhams Cashmere vegetable based bath soap. I have no idea when Darron will release this, though I can confirm that it's very luxurious. Produces a rich creamy lather and left my skin feeling soft and moisturised. The Cashmere scent is to die for, and somewhat addictive. Unfortunately the wife and kids took a liking to it, so it didn't last long.

Ingredients:
Coconut oil, Aqua, Avocado oil, Shea butter, Mango seed butter, Allantoin and Parfum.

Certainly worth keeping an eye out for this on his website. I will certainly be filling the bathroom cupboards once released, and will be a very happy man if he releases this in his Creed Aventus clone scent Classic 24, now that would be something.

We always use soap/shampoo/conditioner that is free of silicone, SLS and parabens.
Works as fine as the ones with all the chemical junk in them.
I may be trying out some of the suggested soaps myself, after 1st checking their ingredients.

$Chandrika-Ayurvedic-Soap-1-bar.jpg

From head to toe

I've been using shower gels for years now. I pretty much have exclusively been using Old Spice Amber body wash. I love the fragrance and it really lasts on the skin for a good amount of time for a soap.

I'm looking to switch to a bar soap with quality ingredients. Last night I used a bar of Yardley, and I have been pretty itchy since then. It could be a coincidence since the humidity is getting lower in the cooler weather or maybe I'm being conscious of using a new soap and am noticing itches more (I sure overthink things, don't I?).

I'd like to find a higher quality soap with fewer "cheap" ingredients even if it means spending more. Something that doesn't leave one dry, but not "moisturizing" as in it leaving you feel clean and not like you have a film of moisturizer on you. Also, a harder soap that lasts long, to help make the higher price more economical.

A few years back, a lot of folks on here were praising Nancy Boy soaps. I noticed their body soaps aren't getting as much praise anymore. A lot of talk about Stirling now and a few others. I'm thinking about getting the Nancy Boy signature scent, but even though I'm willing to pay a little more for a quality soap, $13 after shipping is a little more than I'd like to spend on one bar, especially if it ends up not lasting that long. Looking for some input from fellow B&Bers.

Have you tried the Shea Butter Yardley? The Lavender and the Oatmeal scented ones can dry me out a bit in the winter but the Shea has never done that.

Duke Cannon Naval Supremecy...even if you weren't in the Navy. This stuff is great!

+1 on Duke Cannon I've used 3 of the different scents and all performed well! Leave my skin nice and smooth and are not difficult to rinse off.

Another +1 for Duke Cannon. I like how buying a bar batch to batch is the same. I've tried 4 scents and without going to the website to get the names I'll call them by color. White, Blue and Green I'll be buying again. I had a reaction to Black.

They also have mentholated bars which I havnt tried yet. Duluth trading has them all cheaper. DT also an unscented bar branded for them along with a renamed\branded mentholated bar.

Top Bottom