What's new

Christmas and holiday blends

I have some of the C&D Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose, but have not tried it yet. I decided not to dip into any of the Christmas blends until after Thanksgiving. I believe someone else here has tried it already, but can recall who that was.

If you like aros, you may want to check out Peterson Holiday Season 2016.http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/10863/peterson-holiday-season-2016 Again, have not tried it yet, but I do have a tin, and the tin note is amazing. It also may be the prettiest blend I have seen, in my extremely short pipe smoking adventure. I can't wait to finally get this one lit and give it a try.

I can only speak about the Christmas Cheer, and not from experience. All I can say is that, yes, they are highly recommended...but not for immediate consumption! To my understanding, Christmas Cheer is a straight Virginia tobacco that is sourced from a single quality crop each year (rather than a blend of VA's attempting to be a specific flavor year after year.) Since they are VA's, they apparently benefit the most from aging. So, you will want to sit on your tins for 10-20 years if you want to experience the...experience.
All this is from hear-say on my end. I bought 8 tins of CC this year and am planning to open 1 just to try it fresh, and cellar the rest.

I can only speak about the Christmas Cheer, and not from experience. All I can say is that, yes, they are highly recommended...but not for immediate consumption! To my understanding, Christmas Cheer is a straight Virginia tobacco that is sourced from a single quality crop each year (rather than a blend of VA's attempting to be a specific flavor year after year.) Since they are VA's, they apparently benefit the most from aging. So, you will want to sit on your tins for 10-20 years if you want to experience the...experience.
All this is from hear-say on my end. I bought 8 tins of CC this year and am planning to open 1 just to try it fresh, and cellar the rest.

I am certainly adding to the dont touch until 2030 pile quicker than i thought.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Another one you might want to try is Cornell & Diehl's Autumn Evening. It's not a Christmas or seasonal blend (it's available year round), but it does seem to me to be well-suited to this time of year. It's along the lines of Holiday Spirit.

Top Bottom