What's new

7 o'clock yellows vs Polsilver

the 7 o'clock yellows more sharper for sure, but much more unforgiving for me.
the PSI have good balance
between sharpness and smoothnes.

I put the polsilver that was in the r41 in the r108, and voila! Smooth as a feather carried in a gentle automn breeze! Cant say that I am satisfied by how close the save is, but that is to be expected, as I compare it to the king, the r41.
It is still bbs of course, just not the same. After I try GSBs in the r41, I will revisit astras, and then the decision will be made regarding which blade will be stocked up. I have the feeling that it will be the yellows though. At least I hope they they will. (I admit that I like their packaging lol)

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Better shaves from the Polsilvers for me. I'm not sure which is sharper but I feel the Polsilvers are more comfortable.

Ok, thats it. I will be ordering 100 yellows, along with a nice gold plated Fatip gentle, to justify the shipping costs :lol:
Hmmm, if the GSBs prove to be better, I will have to order 100 of them too......................along with another razor, to, well.......you know.....to justify the.......shipping cost........

Ok, thats it. I will be ordering 100 yellows, along with a nice gold plated Fatip gentle, to justify the shipping costs :lol:
Hmmm, if the GSBs prove to be better, I will have to order 100 of them too......................along with another razor, to, well.......you know.....to justify the.......shipping cost........

Now that's practical! :thumbup:

I find the Gillette 7 o'clocks to be far smoother than Polsilvers for some reason.

I have tried both with a number of razors and each time the Gillette comes tops in terms of comfort, but not in longevity.

I am now using 7 o'clocks and perma-sharps almost exclusively. Shame that I bought a boatload of Polsilvers!

I find the Gillette 7 o'clocks to be far smoother than Polsilvers for some reason.

I have tried both with a number of razors and each time the Gillette comes tops in terms of comfort, but not in longevity.

I am now using 7 o'clocks and perma-sharps almost exclusively. Shame that I bought a boatload of Polsilvers!

It's probably money in the bank once the supplies dry up. Save them and pass them on to somebody when you can triple your investment.

Have always gotten smoother/closer shaves with the Polsilver, of all the 7 O'clocks the Yellow was my least favorite

7 O'clock yellow all the way. It isn't a contest with the Polsilver. I did not get a close shave with the Polsilver. The clean up pass was not close on the Polsilver. This opinion is based on the use of a full tuck of the Yellow's and Polsilver's.

Top Bottom