What's new

'tis almost the season for aftershave gift sets

On a whim, last year I purchased an Old Spice gift set (cologne spray and 125ml bottle of AS) for $5 during the after Christmas sale at a Canadian Walmart. This was much cheaper than buying just the bottle of AS for $8.50ish. Turns out OS was not really for me. Yes, I'm out $5, but at least the questioned is settled.

This year I plan to do a post-Christmas pilgrimage to all the local drug and department stores and gather discounted gift sets of other classic scents. Maybe this time I'll have better luck, but regardless, the exploration is what is most fun.

Anyone else planning to do the same?

Same here. I picked up a Stetson After Shave and cologne gift set and two bottles of Gravity by Coty at K-Mart after Christmas, more than half off. This year I will seek out English Leather or British Stirling.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Got little sample bottles of Preferred Stock and various Addidas' AS last Christmas. They're out there, or going to be.

AA

They are already starting to show up! Walgreens has a lot of promising ones up now. Someone found an Aqua Velva gift set at Walgreens that has Original Sport in it. This scent has, until now, only been available in Canada. Hopefully my store stocks it soon!

I would imagine these gift sets will be sold in the usual places: Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart. With the exception of K-Mart, they are all within a 5 mile radius of my home. I'll be looking if I happen to be in one of these places after the holiday season. I'll probably get a stocking stuffer for my son. We share alot of scents anyway.

You all be sure to post up after Christmas so to remind me to go looking. This sounds like a great idea. I'll have to join in on this one for sure. Thanks for the idea!

They are already starting to show up! Walgreens has a lot of promising ones up now. Someone found an Aqua Velva gift set at Walgreens that has Original Sport in it. This scent has, until now, only been available in Canada. Hopefully my store stocks it soon!

That's cool!! My brother sent some to me when he lived in Toronto! I loved that stuff so much!

If we post after Christmas, It'll be too late! At least in my area, if you don't hit up the stores first thing, the day after Christmas, you won't find any of this clearance stuff left.

Excited to hopefully find some good sets this year. My Stetson is about out and I want to try English Leather. Of course I could always use more Old Spice!

I'll be looking. I need more Quorum. Another bottle of EdT and a bottle of a/s would be nice. I might pick up a Grey Flannel set as well.

I just picked one up at the second Walgreens I went to. The Original Sport is a Cologne by the way. I have never seen it before. I decided to go looking for it when I also saw the post where someone? mentioned it. I am not going to save this, I am going to try this soon although my wife really likes Pinaud Clubman.

The Original Sport is a Cologne by the way.

Yes, it was originally identified as a cologne, but the ingredients s list matches the list off my Original Sport aftershave, so we believe it's the same product. As strong as it is, I can see why they called it a cologne.

I struck out at 3 Walgreens today.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
PS: we are only a few days away from an oversupply of highly discounted Halloween candy ...

Top Bottom