What's new

guess what I got

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
:thumbup1:

You'll love the Elf, and Holiday Spirit is really good. I haven't tried the Fresh Apple, but it sounds good.

:thumbup1:

You'll love the Elf, and Holiday Spirit is really good. I haven't tried the Fresh Apple, but it sounds good.

The apple is ok, not bad at all. The Rum Toddy is really good. And the holiday spirit is also very nice.

The Elf is a great little pipe. I have no complaints. Not that I know enough about pipes to know...

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've tried all three of the McClelland apple blends. They were just OK. If you're looking for a better apple tobacco, track down Middleton Apple. Rumors of it being discontinued are overblown, although distribution is severely limited. WVsmokeshop and several others still have it. Another good one to try is Drew Estates Harvest on the Hudson.

I've tried all three of the McClelland apple blends. They were just OK. If you're looking for a better apple tobacco, track down Middleton Apple. Rumors of it being discontinued are overblown, although distribution is severely limited. WVsmokeshop and several others still have it. Another good one to try is Drew Estates Harvest on the Hudson.

Like I said it was ok, but i dont know enough to say why its only ok.... I like drew estate cigars, my next order is going to have some of their smoke. Ill look for middleton as well. However, the Rum and Holiday Are really good.

Is it just me, or do you get more flavor nuances out of a pipe, than you do a cigar?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Like I said it was ok, but i dont know enough to say why its only ok.... I like drew estate cigars, my next order is going to have some of their smoke. Ill look for middleton as well. However, the Rum and Holiday Are really good.

Is it just me, or do you get more flavor nuances out of a pipe, than you do a cigar?

I think you're right, or rather I think pipe tobacco offers a broader range of flavors. Most of the time with cigars I find their flavors to be in kind of a narrow part of the spectrum. There's certainly nuance there, but it's all leather, wood, coffee, chocolate, spice, mushrooms, and rich flavors for me with cigars. With pipe tobacco, the range of flavors in virginias, perique, burley, dark fired kentucky, latakia, orientals, and their multiple variations is truly mindblowing.

I think you're right, or rather I think pipe tobacco offers a broader range of flavors. Most of the time with cigars I find their flavors to be in kind of a narrow part of the spectrum. There's certainly nuance there, but it's all leather, wood, coffee, chocolate, spice, mushrooms, and rich flavors for me with cigars. With pipe tobacco, the range of flavors in virginias, perique, burley, dark fired kentucky, latakia, orientals, and their multiple variations is truly mindblowing.

I guess thats what I was trying to say. Because, with all three blends I have now, I could tell immediatley which one I had in, and I could easily pick up several flavors at ones. I really enjoyed it. I agree with the cigars, and I love em, but i think you are right, they tend to only pick up certain flavors. I think you need less of a refined pallet to taste a broader range of flavors on a pipe, and as you grow, and your pallet improves, you will have just that much more flavor. The apple is definitely one I wont order again. I will send it to dad or something.

I agree with you guys that pipe's offer greater flavor diversity of tobacco, but I've always found cigars (even mild cigars) to have a stronger/fuller flavor than pipes. I think this mostly has to do with the volume of smoke produced, though, because occasionally during light up or if I hit a really good cadence and a lot of smoke is produced the flavor gets stronger. So maybe its just my technique.

Also congrats on getting your stuff!

Top Bottom