What's new

Not My Style.But You Gotta Love 'em

$rugerlcpii_6.jpg

I am not any kind of fan of the teeny-tiny pocket .380 pistols. However I must admit that they are better than nothing and if that is all one feels comfortable carrying...well, at least make it a good one. The Ruger LCP II seems to have it all together as far as the micro-autos go. And I'm not saying that one day in the future I wouldn't find myself toting one. Good job Ruger.

Looks better than the original LCP which looked like a copy of the Kel Tec P3AT.

I'm not keen on .380 or tiny pistols chambered for it, but this one looks like it might be a winner.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Nice.

I've never shot an LCP, but have shot the Kel-Tec and a Taurus. I liked the Taurus a bit better as it had the slide lock on the last round. The Taurus also shot well...I had no malfunctions and from rapid fire at 10 yards using just point shooting shoulder high it put a whole clip into a group about the size of my fist.

They just disappear in a pants pocket.

I just don't know if I could replace my LCP Custom with a striker fired, single action type trigger.
I carry mine everyday in my pocket and this thing takes a beating. Not directly, but, I work on cars at work so you can imagine what I'm talking about. I get home and the dog jumps up and hits it with his paw almost very night. I'll take a corner too tight in the kitchen and ram it into the counter, etc... you see what I mean. I understand the trigger is covered and all, but...I just don't know.
The custom has a really long double action trigger that I feel confident it won't go off. I couldn't imagine working with my Shield 9mm in my pocket all day long.
Mark

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I just don't know if I could replace my LCP Custom with a striker fired, single action type trigger.
I carry mine everyday in my pocket and this thing takes a beating. Not directly, but, I work on cars at work so you can imagine what I'm talking about. I get home and the dog jumps up and hits it with his paw almost very night. I'll take a corner too tight in the kitchen and ram it into the counter, etc... you see what I mean. I understand the trigger is covered and all, but...I just don't know.
The custom has a really long double action trigger that I feel confident it won't go off. I couldn't imagine working with my Shield 9mm in my pocket all day long.
Mark

Your pistol is perfectly placed between what everyone is looking for when carrying a pocket pistol. .38 Revolver trigger pull, without the fat, heavy, .38 Revolver Cylinder against your thigh.

+1 on not wanting to carry the Shield around in a pocket all day. If you fell into a swimming pool with that anchor, you'd sink straight to the bottom. :)

I can't imagine working all day with ANY gun being carried in my pocket. With the plethora of IWB/OWB and other style of well-made holsters, the whole "pocket carry" concept is not one I can warm up to. I understand there are many who do prefer this carry technique, but I would ask how many of them actually practice (even occasionally) whipping out the pistol in question and firing off a couple effectively placed rounds?? I suggest very few do and from a basic safety aspect that's probably a good idea they do not. But indeed..I firmly believe that one should follow whatever technique and carry whatever firearm they feel most comfortable with.

And...the more I look at this little spud....
Think I'll start vetting out some .380 ammunition specifications....

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Love my Kahr PM9, never wanted another .380 since. (Have a SIG 230 "safe queen").

Looks like Ruger did a really nice job upgrading the LCP. I worked as a salesman/manager at a gunstore for 3 years and the original LCP was very popular. I'll have to stop by my old place of work to handle one of the new ones. :001_cool: If I didn't already have a pocket .380 I would seriously consider one of these new LCP's.

No. Ruger does not seem to be a fan of the striker design with pistols of this size. Has to do with the strength of the spring. They say they're working on some ideas.

Yeah, the pic only looked like it was from the angle. I checked it out online later and found it was still hammer. I don't get the falling block lever on the trigger however...

They lightened up the trigger compared to the Custom so I guess Ruger thought they needed it. Or, maybe just copying the popular striker fired models.

Top Bottom