What's new

P and C order

Ok guys, I may be jumping the gun a bit, but in light of the recent FDA idiocy, I wanted make sure I have ample time to explore my new hobby. Besides, my dad is a pipe smoker, so if worst comes to worst, he has one heck of a Christmas present.

Here is the list I have worked out so far. I appreciate your feed back and suggestions!

Dunhill Early Morning 1.75 oz tin x1
Escudo Navy Deluxe 1.75 oz tin x1
Dunhill Night Cap 1.75 oz tin x1
Captain Black Regular 1lb bag x1
Escudo 1.76 oz tin x2
Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Rum Flake 1.75 oz tin x1
Gawith, Hoggarth & Co Rum Twist 2oz
Sutliff Creamy Butterscotch 1oz tin x2
Drew Estate Central Park Stroll 1.75oz tin x1
McClelland Xmas Cheer 2016 3.5oz tin x1
McClelland Xmas Cheer 2017 3.5 oz tin x1

A pound of Captain Black seems like too much...unless you already know you like it. Or you already know your dad likes it. Other than that, looks good!

Let me know how you like central park. I have grand central I think and it's just waaaay way too flavored for me. Early morning and the Christmas cheers are next on my list too.

A pound of Captain Black seems like too much...unless you already know you like it. Or you already know your dad likes it. Other than that, looks good!

Oh yea a pound is too much for sure, I am getting most of that for him for Christmas lol. I usually hook him up with things I know he likes.

I think that is a good start to say the least! A well diversified selection. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what you like and don't like.

Have fun!

I think that is a good start to say the least! A well diversified selection. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on what you like and don't like.

Have fun!

Yea I wanted to try and get a bunch of different blends. I know I love they way my dads pipe smells when he smokes certain things. I am open to suggestions, what else would you think would compliment my order. I have until the 31st to place it, so im in no rush.

Well I think you have covered most of the bases. One thing that I see missing is a burley blend. Solani Aged Burley Flake would be a good one to try. There is a "Tobacco Finder" tool on Smoking Pipes. You could use that to find a burley blend that piques your interest. Other than that you have:

Aromatics
English blends
Straight Virginias
Virginia Perique blends
Flavored Virginas

Hmm...maybe a Balkan blend or an Oriental blend (which are basically the same thing). Try using TobaccoReviews.com to search for blends, brands, or components. It is an awesome site.

All in all, you did very well in your choices!

That looks like a pretty good list.

I went through pretty much the same thing a few years ago (I was a big cigar guy for years), and my only recommendation would be based on the two most magical words in all of pipedom: Aged. Escudo.

Escudo is good fresh, but it's a flippin' religious experience with a few years on it. I like to say tobacco will never be cheaper than it is now, and at 20% off that is pretty much a certainty. You can't go wrong adding a few more tins to your order. You will thank me in five years or so.

Let me know how you like central park. I have grand central I think and it's just waaaay way too flavored for me. Early morning and the Christmas cheers are next on my list too.

Been a while since I dipped in to either of those blends, but what I remember is different flavor, same intensity. The only blend of theirs I didn't like was the Cherry.

That looks like a pretty good list.

I went through pretty much the same thing a few years ago (I was a big cigar guy for years), and my only recommendation would be based on the two most magical words in all of pipedom: Aged. Escudo.

Escudo is good fresh, but it's a flippin' religious experience with a few years on it. I like to say tobacco will never be cheaper than it is

now, and at 20% off that is pretty much a certainty. You can't go wrong adding a few more tins to your order. You will thank me in five years or so.

Alright, Im sold. Ill add in a few more LOL. If it is that good, im all for it. I got my UPS tracking number, ill have my pipe and the first few blends tomorrow in the AM.

my only recommendation would be based on the two most magical words in all of pipedom: Aged. Escudo.

Escudo is good fresh, but it's a flippin' religious experience with a few years on it.

No truer words have been spoken or in print on this sub-forum! If you can swing it, buy 10 rolls at a time. Especially when there is a sale. Label them with the dates!!!!!! And then stash them. Forget about them. Revisit them in 5 to 10 years and you will be in Heaven!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Alright, this is when I get to show my ignorance. :wacko:

Is there an "Escudo" and "Escudo Navy De Luxe"? I thought it all was the same thing. I always leave myself to be surprised by some corner of the tobacco world.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Oh, I also agree that a nice Balkan/Oriental blend would be a good addition (just get one on your next order--you know you'll have a next order). There are plenty of good ones out there. Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme and Arango Balkan Supreme are two that I greatly enjoy--flavorful, but balanced and easy to smoke.

As a matter of fact . . . , I think I just might have to :pipe:

Alright, this is when I get to show my ignorance. :wacko:

Is there an "Escudo" and "Escudo Navy De Luxe"? I thought it all was the same thing. I always leave myself to be surprised by some corner of the tobacco world.
One and the same.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Ah, good. So, my ignorance (in this case) is that I didn't know that things were as I thought they were. :laugh:

I do have plenty of Escudo in the "fuggedabowdit" part of the cellar. Might need to add a little more, just in case, y'know.

One and the same.

Heck thanks for bringing that up! I just saved 10.00!, well honestly I didnt I just added two ore tins of the cheaper (but same size, I dunno) escudo. Im stoked for this order. I added that English Oriental, and I wound up with 10 tins of escudo. Ill open one to try and stash the rest. Im excited for sure! 163.99 well spent. I saved like 40.00 using the coupon!

Top Bottom