What's new

Golf Club Adjusting Wrenches

Simply amazing...

I recently picked up a couple Titleist Fairway woods (915s). Nice sticks..good price.
Only thing is they did not come with the torque wrench used to secure the head to the shaft. I have a Ping wrench for my G25 driver. Called Ping to see what the torque value of their wrench was. Guy on the other end of the line said he "had no idea". But he was kind enough to let me know it was properly tightened when the wrench clicked...uh huh.

I hate having to buy multiple wrenches for the minimal use they see. Actually I also have access to a Taylor Made (yellow and black model..think it came from either an R7 or R11 driver). So I am hoping one of these will work with the Titleist clubs. Does anyone know what these wrenches are pre-set to??

I've seen a reference to 40lb-ft but in another thread, everyone also agreed that that would be excessive for a bolt that size and it was probably 40lb-inches. They seem pretty stingy about publishing torque specs, probably because they want you to buy the wrench. Q quick google search ranges from about $4 to $15, but as you said, it's an extra wrench to lie around.

I picked up a Cobra King F6 3-4 wood and assumed my existing Fly-Z driver wrench would fit, but of course it didn't so I simply used the correct sized Torx and gave it a solid but not forced tighten by hand and there has been zero issues. You should be OK as long as you don't try to goon it.

Simply amazing...

I recently picked up a couple Titleist Fairway woods (915s). Nice sticks..good price.
Only thing is they did not come with the torque wrench used to secure the head to the shaft. I have a Ping wrench for my G25 driver. Called Ping to see what the torque value of their wrench was. Guy on the other end of the line said he "had no idea". But he was kind enough to let me know it was properly tightened when the wrench clicked...uh huh.

I hate having to buy multiple wrenches for the minimal use they see. Actually I also have access to a Taylor Made (yellow and black model..think it came from either an R7 or R11 driver). So I am hoping one of these will work with the Titleist clubs. Does anyone know what these wrenches are pre-set to??

Ask at your local golf club, they should have someone who works on clubs and usually can help with your adjustment.

Eh...found a new Titleist wrench on the Bay for $8.00. Life is too short to worry about the head flying off my 3 wood

Top Bottom