What's new

Barrister & Mann and CRSW

I had my first few shaves with B&M (Seville) and CRSW (Lavender). I have to say, they are both fantastic. Even among the many great artisan soaps we are lucky enough to choose from, these are outstanding.

I agree I tried B&M today hallows for the first time best post fast feel yet. I have not tried crsw yet but imagine it's great

Two top performers right there. Can't go wrong with either! Although not every scent from B&M is one I like. Thank goodness Maggard's sells B&M samples.

Agreed, love both makers but my favorite scent is from B&M "Cheshire". I can not get enough of it, Earl Gray tea smakced in your face, love it! I hope they never stop making this scent.

I love CRSW. Haven't tried B&M yet, but that will probably be my next soap. I am on a bit of a hiatus at the moment from getting any more soaps.

Agreed, love both makers but my favorite scent is from B&M "Cheshire". I can not get enough of it, Earl Gray tea smakced in your face, love it! I hope they never stop making this scent.

You have nothing to worry about on that front. Cheshire is one of the five year round regulars in constant production, unlike the various seasonals they put out. Also, Cheshire is Will's personal favorite. It's not going anywhere. [emoji106]

My two favorite artisans. I just tried B&M's Hallows this evening. Performs beautifully. It makes me wonder why I buy anything other than B&M.

I have both CRSW and B&M and have been really impressed with them. They perform really well and the scents are good. I do have to admit, however, that some of the B&M scents seem like acquired tastes...I'm still not sure if I'm totally sold on the Beaudelaire.

Stirling is still my go-to soap, but CRSW and B&M are right there too.

Huge B&M fan here! Never tried CRSW, but after seeing them both favorably mentioned I think it's high time I go for it. I'm looking at Bois Floraux and Le Chypre Sombre. Having trouble making up my mind. Maybe I'll get both.

Huge B&M fan here! Never tried CRSW, but after seeing them both favorably mentioned I think it's high time I go for it. I'm looking at Bois Floraux and Le Chypre Sombre. Having trouble making up my mind. Maybe I'll get both.

You need both!

I just used my B&M Seville for the second time, and wow. I felt like it was good on the first try, but not fantastic. Maybe the soap had a coating on it, or was harder on the surface because it was new, I don't know. All I know is the second lathering with that was awesome and perfect on my face. Post shave is incredible as well. I used a new blade, in an aggressive razor and got a couple of small nicks, but I can't feel anything from it.

I also have CRSW limenthol. While I like it a lot too (and I have had other non-menthol soaps of theirs), I don't like the performance the way I do from B&M, or even from Stirling for that matter. For me, I find it harder to lather where the others require very little effort. It's likely something on my end, but that's how it rolls some days. Stirling and B&M are my soaps for a while!

Just finished my first ever shave with CRSW. I see what all the rave reviews are all about! This just might be the slickest soap I have ever used! Post shave is awesome. My skin feels very moisturized... Magnifique Hydrater is right! This one performs on par with my beloved B&M, maybe even a bit better, definitely thicker and more creamy but with only one shave I need to reserve that call. Needless to say CRSW is not lacking in the performance. The Le Chypre Sombre I used today is a good scent, might not be my favorite and it reminds me of something I've smelled before but I can't put my finger on it. I got this used from a good mate near me and now I'm sure I want to place an order with CRSW direct. Lovely stuff!!!

Four days of shaving, alternating between B&M and CRSW, here are my thoughts. Performance wise their are more similarities than differences. Both have to be the creamiest, slickest soaps I've tried to date. Both have an abundance of dense protective lather. I'm finding that B&M builds lather a little quicker, CRSW is not difficult and both lather with ease. They both are thirsty soaps and love water! I find the biggest difference in performance between them is in post shave. CRSW wins here and it is noticeable. As for scent, I don't have enough experience with CRSW to make that call. I adore most of the B&M scents and think Will is a genius in this regard. The only CRSW scent I've tried is the Le Chypre Sombre and it's a good scent but not what I consider a great one. I know scent is VERY subjective and both B&M and CRSW have their fans. I do plan on getting a few more soaps from CRSW to get a better idea of how well I like their approach to scents as the performance is stellar.

Top Bottom