What's new

Anyone have had Absinthe before ?

We have a lot in common. I too am a teacher, m trumpet player (former), and straight razor shaver!!

I would definitely put my trumpet playing in the former category too. I still own one, but haven't played in about ten years. Now I'm off to school for a short two day week before Thanksgiving.

Doxie lover?

Yes! My family has had them since I was in the crib. All "miniature". We are on our last one as they are getting older and I'm not in a position to be taking care of a dog with long work hours. But I love those little guys, so much personality and spunk for such small dogs.

Yes! My family has had them since I was in the crib. All "miniature". We are on our last one as they are getting older and I'm not in a position to be taking care of a dog with long work hours. But I love those little guys, so much personality and spunk for such small dogs.
Indeed! I have 3 minis and am fostering a tweeny. Great breed!!

Here is a photo of Absinthe being made with a sugar cube in an absinthe spoon with the ice water dripped from an absinthe fountain. This is from our recent trip to New Orleans while visiting an absinthe bar. Tha one on the left is almost ready while the one on the right is just getting started.

$IMG_0710.jpg

Here is a photo of Absinthe being made with a sugar cube in an absinthe spoon with the ice water dripped from an absinthe fountain. This is from our recent trip to New Orleans while visiting an absinthe bar. Tha one on the left is almost ready while the one on the right is just getting started.

View attachment 704468
Yep. I had a similar set up this past Summer at the Empire Bar in Broussard's. That's the look. It's like drinking "Good & Plenty" candy with a kick!!

Yep. I had a similar set up this past Summer at the Empire Bar in Broussard's. That's the look. It's like drinking "Good & Plenty" candy with a kick!!

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's not a bad description. I'm not a big licorice fan, though, but I love absinthe.

Never had absinthe. Is the extra sugar discarded or dumped in the drink?

The ice water melts the sugar cube. The drink is stirred with the spoon to mix in any remaining sugar before serving. The mix of water to absinthe is about 2:1. The premium absinthes are about 130 proof so you definitely want the water and sugar.

The ice water melts the sugar cube. The drink is stirred with the spoon to mix in any remaining sugar before serving. The mix of water to absinthe is about 2:1. The premium absinthes are about 130 proof so you definitely want the water and sugar.
+1

Top Bottom