What's new

Help Simpson losing bristles

Help My Simpson Tulip is losing bristles and a scary rate.
had it for a year or so with no problems, great brush, but just recently its started to shed 15 + bristles per shave, whats going on? what am i doing wrong?
all advice gratefully received

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Ralphy.... I'm sorry that you are having such bad fortune with your Simpson brush. These have a tendency to do just that...shed a bit and perhaps even stop. Some of mine now and in the past have had similar issues. Some lose a hair or two every so often...some have lost multiple ones per shave... I bought a Tulip 4 once which was a known shedder...( for $70.00 who wouldnt give it a try)... It would go through times where it would lose a few...then more...then none for long periods. it was still a great brush! I sold it as a known shedder...and the new owner loves it. I know this doesn't answer your prayers...but it does validate that you are not alone.

Many members will not even think about a Simpson because of your situation that you are going through. I own several of them and I never worry about occassional shedding.

I would contact Simpsons - I mean Vulfix...

Seriously, if this is a concern, the manufacturer should take care of you.

Contact Simpsons directly for a replacement. You'll have to pay the $25 to ship it to them, but they will mail you a replacement. Keep in mind you won't be getting a Simpson replacement though, it will be a Vulfix. But still, if thats what you want, thats what you have to do.

tanks all for your advice and apologies for the delay in replying I was travelling in croatia

anyone know simpsons address ?

If you bought it at Lee's or at Em's, I would contact them. Let them send you a replacement and let them deal with the maker. They've been gracious about shedders in the past.

Best,

Thanks all - returned said Brush to Vulfix and they sent a replacement by return of post no Q's asked no request for proof of purchase ( good as lost receipt)
and new brush is great,very stiff, and not losing any hairs at all.

so thanks again

Thanks all - returned said Brush to Vulfix and they sent a replacement by return of post no Q's asked no request for proof of purchase ( good as lost receipt)
and new brush is great,very stiff, and not losing any hairs at all.

so thanks again

Great news on the replacement. I fear my beloved X2L (a brush which it seems they no longer make) might be going down the same road. It didn't shed anything for the first year, but this year (second year of using it) the shedding seems to be increasing as time goes on - started out as one or two hairs a week six months ago, it's now losing one or two per shave:frown:

:confused: - at what point does it officially become a shedder?

Top Bottom