What's new

November 2016 Mess Hall Group Cookout ~ Theme: Eggs

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mess Hall Group Cookout

Everyone likes a cookout. So that's what we're doing. It will be a lot of fun and this includes you. The idea of the cookout is very simple. We plan on having a monthly cookout with a theme where everyone is cooking the same thing. Any and all members are welcomed to join. The cookout dates will be posted so you will have plenty of time to gather your ideas and ingredients. A “theme” of what’s to be cooked will also be posted. Each participating member will cook from their own home using any method they see fit, (including inside ovens and stove-tops) but staying within the theme for that week. Posting time will include two weekends from Saturday through to the next Sunday, so you will have plenty of time to help you prepare and post. Of course all your efforts will have to be documented with pictures of at least the final product along with a short tutorial.

The real fun will be getting to see what other fellow members come up with across the world. Come on out and join us. You have to eat, so you might as well show us how you cook.

Dates: Starts Saturday 11-12-2016, Ends Sunday 11-20-2016. That's two whole weekends.

[FONT=&quot]Theme: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Eggs[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
If you want in, Just say I'm cookin'!!!

~ Thread idea inspired by Brucered

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Okay, I'll stop now. It just brings back memories of when a young ouch worked his way through college selling eggs in Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm cookin'!

I'll prepare my signature logarithmic potato spiral omelet in my Alessi carbon pan.

I'm cookin'! October's was a blast and eggs are about my favorite food. I must admit, the Pink Flamingos reference is over my head, but that's alright. I'll still cook.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know it is simple, but I have been wanting to try making egg drop soup. Maybe I ought to figure out how to make prawn chips to go with it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm cookin'!

Now, I just have to pick one of the myriad egg dishes I've wanted to cook (or try)!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Simple- buy a box at the Asian market. The loop like pieces of plastic. Heat oil very hot, plop them in, watch them puff.

Yeah, I think I will be going that way. I read a recipe for them- I am not going through all of that.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I think I'll just eat one raw.

I never got into raw eggs.

Good theme Aaron, there is so many things that you can use eggs for.
I had a couple fried in butter for breakfast today. On toast with salt, pepper and some of the Big O's hot sauce I made.

$20161106_081257.jpg

Top Bottom