What's new

Best Blade For Maximum Performance with only 1 Pass WTG (With The Grain) shave

If you had the choice: to choose only 1 Blade for Maximum Performance for Cut the most of stubble in your face but only in one Pass WTG shave
Of all the blades on the market, which would you choose for this ?

Thank you very much...

Last edited:
I have had good results with Gillette 7 O'clocks, green I think. I have 100 Volkhods blades, but may go with the Gillette blades next time.

I haven't really found a DE blade that fits this bill, but just this morning I used a Feather Super Professional blade in my Mongoose and I was surprised that I had a DFS after just one one pass (with just one nick). Be forewarned, however, these blades are the sharpest disposable out there and require a lot more vigilance while shaving than any other blade.

Either a GSB or a Astra SP. I have had good luck with both in this regard. Although I would get fewer shaves per blade than I do with two passes. (My standard)

I did it this way for the better part of two years. Still got 10-14
Shaves

Feather (but with a health warning depending on razor choice!).
Lada Super Stainless (for guaranteed comfort and closeness).

With my type of stubble a WTG pass is so ineffective with any type of blade or razor that I will have to pass .Why waste 1 minute of my life "shaving" when the final result will be an..."unshaven" look?

I prefer to spend 4 more minutes and do a 4 pass BBS shave everyday.

Wilkinson Sword german made?

I believe they are made in Germany.

These...

proxy.php

Top Bottom