What's new

Best Blade For Maximum Performance with only 1 Pass WTG (With The Grain) shave

Feather, assuming the goal is to take off as much hair as quickly as possible. I find them to be plenty comfortable too. If I had to shave for my job, I'd do one pass and clean up with a Feather in my Ikon Tech.

Last edited:
For a one pass shave? Treet Durasharp Carbon Steel - Almost as sharp as Feather, very smooth, and so cheap that I already toss them after just one shave.

A Feather in my Old Type would do a decent job and I imagine a Feather in a Fatip would do it even more efficiently but a Feather in a Tech would not be up to the task.

Are you going to try this?

Do you want to challenge us to try a one pass shave?

Or a whole month of them? No more than one pass vember

I just tried the Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli ones I guess) and holy smokes. This beats the Gillette Blacks for me. I think I found my blade. It completely mowed down my 5 day beard (thick and dense!) in the first pass! My vote goes for these over the Blacks now. And I was actually using a mild razor (the Bevel like razor from Bombay Shaving Company in India). Can't wait to try the Personnas on the much more aggressive Rapira Platinum Lux razor head and on the R41!

I tried a one pass shave this evening and while the results are a DFS I think I could get better with practice. Used an Old Type and a Feather (3) to do the deed :)

Out of blades I've used more than one of, Feather, although I can't use Feathers for too many days in a row or the irritation adds up and I have to switch back to something milder like Astra. Out of blades I've only used one of so far, Kai, Polsilver, and lab blue Personna seem promising. My shaves are almost always only one formal pass downward, with some sideways and/or diagonally-sideways touch-up strokes added in without relathering unless the lather has gotten dry.

For me, it would just be the absolute sharpest blades on the market. I've gotten very acceptable results with only one pass after using a Feather, yellow 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, and Nacet. Since I have to pick just one, I guess I'd go with Feather.

With my type of stubble a WTG pass is so ineffective with any type of blade or razor that I will have to pass .Why waste 1 minute of my life "shaving" when the final result will be an..."unshaven" look?

I prefer to spend 4 more minutes and do a 4 pass BBS shave everyday.

Some people's skin, like mine, can't handle more than one pass WTG.

Top Bottom