What's new

Incoming Omega Boar

Wanted a new boar brush. The one Omega I tried about a year ago wasn't for me. I forget which model number, but after about 2 months it still felt like I was lathering with a handful of toothpicks. I would even palm lather when I wasn't using it to try and break it in. Just never happened. It now resides in my tool chest. Anyway, I saw this and had to have it.

I give you the 21713:

$21713.jpg
It's listed as 24/25 mm diameter with a 50-54mm loft. I've seen a few different measurements. At least it will be interesting. If it's not a brush I like, I'll drill out the knot and replace it. Should be here mid-week. I'll keep you posted. :001_smile

Thanks all. I'm usually a Semogue guy, but the handle was weird enough for me to take a chance. We'll see.:001_smile

Wanted a new boar brush. The one Omega I tried about a year ago wasn't for me.

I used an Omega boar 49 for a couple years. I thought at the time, that brush was as good as they get. Especially for hard soaps.

But now, I have found a new love... the Plissoft Monster synthetic. They are about the same price. The Plissoft has the great backbone but is softer and holds soap better. I get lather now like in those ad photos.

The poor Omega now sits pushed to the back of the counter all alone and rejected.

Love is like that sometimes..... Sad but true

I used an Omega boar 49 for a couple years. I thought at the time, that brush was as good as they get. Especially for hard soaps.

But now, I have found a new love... the Plissoft Monster synthetic. They are about the same price. The Plissoft has the great backbone but is softer and holds soap better. I get lather now like in those ad photos.

The poor Omega now sits pushed to the back of the counter all alone and rejected.

Love is like that sometimes..... Sad but true

I have a couple of Stirling Synthetics that get a lotta love. If this Omega boar doesn't work out for me, I'll be dropping a synthetic knot in the handle for sure.

Quick update. After about a week and a half the tips are starting to split. Overall the brush itself is still on the stiff side. About another month I should be broken in. Th handle is pretty effective. Keeps lather from flowing down the handle. Loft is 54mm from top of plastic ferrule. Build quality is fair. Outside of handle is finished, but inside is rough and doesn't seem to be coated with anything. That looks like the weak point. I'll see how it holds up. For $16 it's definitely worth a try.

Top Bottom