$SOTD10-25-16.jpg

Last edited:
Weber DLC razor
Dorco ST-301 blade
Shave Revolution Evo brush
TSD Lemongrass SS w/2x menthol
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
TSD Lemongrass A/S w/2x menthol

My eyes are watering cuz this shave was really really cold. Oh my word cold. And I liked it! But I didn't like the Dorco blade. I remember now why they were sitting where they were, way in the back. And that's where they are going again. As yesterday, the shave ended up ok but didn't like the journey with the Dorco. Oh well, live and learn. Now go enjoy your day folks.

Tuesday

Brush: Rooney Stubby 1
Soap: Erasmic Stick
Razor: Van der Hagen
Blade: Feather
A/S: C.O. Bigelow / Dr. Galen
Cologne: T&H Grafton

Mike

SOTD October 25, 2016

Pre: Proraso white preshave cream
Razor: Boker "Peerless"
Soap: Santa Maria del Fiore
Brush: Parker badger
$O25.jpg

How was the Coate's cream, Bob?

The Coate's creams are top drawer. FYI-The are available from a B&B member. Definitely one of the best bangs for the buck! I like the Lavender and Sandalwood the best.

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
Soap: Martin de Candre-Fougere
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (24)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Anucci EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

MdC Fougere today. 20 seconds to load the JB Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Anucci EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Tuesday October 25, 2016

Wolfman WR1-OC with Darwin Deluxe Titanium
Personna 74 #21
Elite Razor Acrylic/Buckeye Burl with Envy White
Nuavia Rossa
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Fine Fresh Vetiver

proxy.php

today,

- Dr.Jon's - Propaganda
- T & H Silvertip Style1/3
- The Claymore SE
- Feather Professional
- Dapper Dan - Blue

proxy.php

$SOTD_20161025.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Lather: CrabTree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Lime

Ahhh...the finicky 1914! I have one and it is scary! Try taping the spine of the blade to reduce chatter shimming does the same thing. I did this and tamed it somewhat ;)

I figured I'd have to fiddle with it a bit. For tonight I have a MMOC to try out... small mail call from the B-S-T here on the board. Need to finally get some pictures up from the stuff this weekend...

Do you think a vintage blade without spine would do anything?? I heard they are thicker... and got a pack with the razor. They were going into the display case, but I might just keep the wrapper then.

It's an Ever-Ready 1914. I have one but haven't used it yet. The 1914 has a rep for being somewhat aggressive. I do have an Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead, which, I've read, is about the same in aggression as the 1914. I have used the 1924. A shallow angle, with the cap almost touching the cheek is best for these SEs. Just take it easy. In my week of SE shaves a while back I didn't have any real problems with them AND I was using them for the first time. It just takes a bit of practice. Many people swear by them.

I just surprised the heck out of me... I will probably have to do a week or so with it to figure it out. Took a while to get the hang of the G-Bar too... plenty of razor burn during that time. Not this time... so I'm not totally off anymore. You learn with every shave!! New razor or new blade... they all require a re adjustment of your technique. Makes things fun and keeps you on your toes:w00t:

Well, the week has certainly started off with some exceptional photos and text posts. Thank you, gentlemen.

I'm sure, as the week progresses, we will be dazzled each day by a flood of beautiful pictures and informative posts.

@Quink - Good high-angle shot, JC. That Ever-Ready 1914 really cleaned up nicely.

I sincerely hope Monday has been an enriching day for each of you and that your evening is going well.

See you tomorrow, gents.

Thanks Ron... this one was a quick shot... too tired to attempt anything else :laugh:

I am trying to get some better compositions... the gentlemen here have raised the bar pretty high :thumbup:

proxy.php

Vie-Long Custom 2-band Fan

TTFFC Sue Moore Soap

French VMA Razor

Schick 2002 Blade

TTFFC Sue Moore Splash

Al-Rehab Al Sharquiah Attar

Head & Face Today
Ever-Ready 89
RazoRock Mudder Focker
Gold Dollar 66 (1 pass head, 2 pass face)
PAA Bakelite Slant, PLB (6) for finishing
Proraso Balm Green

$fullsizeoutput_fe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom