What's new

SOTD "HALLOWEEN WEEK" October 24th - October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a ton for all the kind words @ronweston

I generally don't reply to you because I tapatalk on my phone.and it doesn't like to let me select what to delete from a quote easily at all.

But please know your encouragement is what keeps me getting creative and pausing to snap a pic even when I.rush my process. It's been a learning curve going from strictly Shave Secret base and Cremo rubbed in for shower shaves for years to brush and bowl lathers so you make me proud. Thank you for that brother.

Jerad

You are very welcome. I like the running commentary with your photos, Jerad. Keep it up and keep snapping those pics. And thank you for being here.

Wednesday has blossomed into a real cornucopia of magnificent photos and informative posts.

Theme week seems to be hitting its stride. More and more fun and creepy photos are appearing. Keep them coming gentlemen.

@Vesalio - Nice corner shot. Really good looking lather.
@David01965x - Fine closeup b&w, David.
@Dagwoodz - Excellent low level photo, Josh. Love the blade positioning.
@JBO667 - Great razor assistant! How did the grated shea butter soap work?
@skypsyd - Elegant photo, Dave ... with Jack Skellington & crew enhancements! Neat!
@ronindug - Like the finely angled POV with subdued colors.
@ClaudioBP - First-rate arrangement for the close-in shot.
@shm - Splendid layout, Søren. Nice little progression from left to right.
@Clint64 - The near colorless, multi-angled dried grass is a great backdrop for your shave gear.
@UngerWoo - Quite accomplished overhead closeup.
@Navarrsky - Good scattered alignment.
@Cash_Stronomer - Exceptional low angle to capture a really fine image. The amorphous globules lend a sense of regality.
@eezee - An enticing shave expertly captured.
@Doug 57 - That's a fine looking brush handle, Doug. Congrats on the Dubl Duck win.
@mcdig - Very tasteful arrangement, Mark. Great brush and razor combo.
@cmh737 - Excellent seasonal colors, Chris. I can see that skull saying: "I should have used MORE Tabac!"
@Bobcat - A very handsome shave, Bob. I'm anxious to see how long that blade will remain true.
@imcndn - The pic is a real enticement ... I think I'll buy the Emperor combo real soon!
@blzrfn - The photo is a beaut, Dave! How was the Stahly?
@Sdm84 - Magnificient picture! Exceptional color. Razor and brush placement quite inventive.
@LoungeLizard - Neat photo. The Black Beauty is a fine razor; I've been using mine on a "7". Like the figurine.
@azwetshaver - Nicely done overhead pic, Gabe.
@nikonNUT - Quite a fetching shave.
@doc47 - Another envy inducing picture, Dan.
@CBLindsay - Outstanding shot, Chris. Love that brush handle.
@CT23 - Superb execution, Chris. The rock setting, with scattered lichen, is perfect.
@Jnatcat - Fine array, Will. Like the neck duster.
@DabblinRazors - Great, Eddie ... the best flaming frame I've ever seen!
@samlark - Love it, Sammy. Great razor protector.
@ram57 - Excellent original with just enough overlay. A shave worth waiting for.
@TheVez2 - Marvelous photo, KJ! Love the figurine. And that Pendragon handle....
@Hanover - Awesome, Mark! A great scene for your photo.
@Smooth Steve - Now this is a great spooky shave pic!
@Rxdude - Very nice high angle shot.
@TheKushFather - Attractive overhead photo. That's one fine razor handle.

I hope everyone's evening has been going well and you are looking forward to a great shave on Thursday.

It's time for me to slip away now. See you soon.

Last edited:

Wednesday has blossomed into a real cornucopia of magnificent photos and informative posts.

Theme week seems to be hitting its stride. More and more fun and creepy photos are appearing. Keep them coming gentlemen.

@Vesalio - Nice corner shot. Really good looking lather.
@David01965x - Fine closeup b&w, David.
@Dagwoodz - Excellent low level photo, Josh. Love the blade positioning.
@skypsyd - Elegant photo, Dave ... with Jack Skellington & crew enhancements! Neat!
@ronindug - Like the finely angled POV with subdued colors.
@ClaudioBP - First-rate arrangement for the close-in shot.
@shm - Splendid layout, Søren. Nice little progression from left to right.
@Clint64 - The near colorless, multi-angled dried grass is a great backdrop for your shave gear.
@UngerWoo - Quite accomplished overhead closeup.
@Navarrsky - Good scattered alignment.
@Cash_Stronomer - Exceptional low angle to capture a really fine image. The amorphous globules lend a sense of regality.
@eezee - An enticing shave expertly captured.
@Doug 57 - That's a fine looking brush handle, Doug. Congrats on the Dubl Duck win.
@mcdig - Very tasteful arrangement, Mark. Great brush and razor combo.
@cmh737 - Excellent seasonal colors, Chris. I can see that skull saying: "I should have used MORE Tabac!"
@Bobcat - A very handsome shave, Bob. I'm anxious to see how long that blade will remain true.
@imcndn - The pic is a real enticement ... I think I'll buy the Emperor combo real soon!
@blzrfn - The photo is a beaut, Dave! How was the Stahly?
@Sdm84 - Magnificient picture! Exceptional color. Razor and brush placement quite inventive.
@LoungeLizard - Neat photo. The Black Beauty is a fine razor; I've been using mine on a "7". Like the figurine.
@azwetshaver - Nicely done overhead pic, Gabe.
@nikonNUT - Quite a fetching shave.
@doc47 - Another envy inducing picture, Dan.
@CBLindsay - Outstanding shot, Chris. Love that brush handle.
@CT23 - Superb execution, Chris. The rock setting, with scattered lichen, is perfect.
@Jnatcat - Fine array, Will. Like the neck duster.
@DabblinRazors - Great, Eddie ... the best flaming frame I've ever seen!
@samlark - Love it, Sammy. Great razor protector.
@ram57 - Excellent original with just enough overlay. A shave worth waiting for.
@TheVez2 - Marvelous photo, KJ! Love the figurine. And that Pendragon handle....
@Smooth Steve - Now this is a great spooky shave pic!
@Rxdude - Very nice high angle shot.
@TheKushFather - Attractive overhead photo. That's one fine razor handle.

I hope everyone's evening has been going well and you are looking forward to a great shave on Thursday.

Thank you Ron!

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Plisson Synthetic Pearly Grey handle
Strop Shoppe LE Baker Street
Above the Tie S2 AlumiGoose Slant / Personna Red (3)
Thayers Superhazel with Proraso Green Pre/post Followed by Proraso/Osage Rub splash

$IMG_i5_102616 (1).jpg

It didn't do too bad at all. I think it'll set a little better after a few hot water soak and lathers. It grated to almost a powder and was a bit odd to pack. I ended up superlathered with Cremo Original. I'm spoiled on the Cremo slick! It's familiar and comforting.

And now for tonight's shave!

Back to Williams for now. Fourth on a Personna red. My head likes them and my 53 Super Speed pairs well, but blade angle requires a HUGE change from a Feather! Feels like I almost have to 90 to my head in some spots to get close to my usual results.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH1 Brass
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Many thanks for your fantastic pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a great Thursday :thumbup:

Thursday's Shave 10.27.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce Face lather & rinse

Wade & Butcher Frame Back
Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band silvertip
Spitfire shave soap
Aqua Velva aftershave splash
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT

proxy.php

Have a Nice Day Gentlemen

October 27, 2016
Timeless OC .95 Gap with Triad Ti
Feather (1)
Rudy Vey Rover with TGN Finest
Route 66 Twisted Tweed
Witch Hazel
Floid Blue

Thanks Ron . you had quite the lineup last night yourself . :thumbup:

10/27/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Le Pere Lucien
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
6/8 Le Grelot Royal Canada
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
$SOTD10-27-16.jpg

Status