SOTD "HALLOWEEN WEEK" October 24th - October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD October 24, 2016

Pre: Proraso white preshave cream
Razor: IXL Geo. Wostenholm
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Santa Maria del Fiore

This is my $5 razor that had a chip out of the toe that I repaired. Nice razor...smooth. Honed up nice.
$O24.jpg

Weber DLC razor
Dorco ST-301 blade
Omega 10066 boar brush
Colgate Cup Soap
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
M&L Florida Water Cologne w/added menthol

Today's shave ended up ok but the journey there wasn't all that great. Hadn't used a boar brush in eons and had trouble getting adequate lather. Guess I'm to used to synthetic brushes and how they work so very well for me. Anyway, a not so great lather and the Dorco blade proved to be a little rough and uncomfortable. I will give the Dorco another chance tomorrow but with different brush/soap and see what happens. Now go enjoy your day folks

@DabblinRazors - So you think the corking helped, Eddie? Maybe I'll try adding a little Cremo to some of my soaps.

A couple of weeks ago I used a facial scrub that set my face on fire and left my already sensitive-skinned visage hypersensitive. Since then, no matter what razor, blade, soap, aftershave combination I used, it seemed to reignite the flames. So, I laid off of shaving over the weekend.

Whilst digging through the drawer, the words "for sensitive skin" registered and I thought, "Oh, yeah, I remember that." I had already loaded the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless in the EJDE89 a day or so ago. I'd used that blade once upon a time and remembered liking it, but thought it was a bit harsh on the first shave or two. So, when I found the cork, I figured I'd give it a try because anything that would help my face calm down would be welcome.

The combination of TOBS Jermyn Street and Cremo Cooling is something I started a while back and has yielded some of the best shaves; it was even mentioned in the post to introduce myself to B&B back in May. The fragrances of each are rather complimentary and the ratio of the two creams definitely favors the TOBS.

During the shave, the Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless was very effective and quite smooth, which was very much welcome; it enabled getting the shaving done in two passed with a bit of cleanup. Follow up with TOBS Jermyn Street aftershave balm and aftershave left my face feeling great and this morning my entire face is has calmed significantly.

So, after all of that, to answer your question, yes, I think corking the razor blade helped. Thank you for asking, [MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION].

Monday OCtober 24, 2016

PAV Brushworks with Envy White
Krampert's Finest Frostbite
Timeless OC with UFO TiTAN Fine
Personna 74 #21
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Krampert's Finest Frostbite Aftershave

Have a great week all

$IMG_4335-XL.jpg

$SOTD_20161024.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #2)
Blade – BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Reef Point Submariner
Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

Well, straight out of the box, I could tell that The 'Americana' was going to be a wonderful brush, and it did not disappoint... dense, with outstanding 'presence' (backbone)... Yeah, right up my street. The Reef Point was literally whipped into submission, and the BIC was a great match with the #2 plate. Awesome shave.

Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
Soap: Coate’s Sandalwood Cream
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (23)
Brush: Plisson #12 Badger-22mmx56mm
Aftershave: Burberry Brit EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Sandalwood Cream today. 10 seconds to load the Plisson Badger. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Burberry Brit EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

proxy.php

Culmak 86 Best
TTFFC Sue Moore Soap
Gillette Aristocrat #16
Schick 2002
HBG Sandalwood A/S
Nabeel Nasaem Attar

$SOTD Oct 23 2016.jpg
Romera 2nd Anniversary, Wolfman OC/Stork Ti/Polsilver, Wickham 1912 "Classic 24", Pitralon Swiss

SOTD 2016-10-24

Hot shower
Lord Tech with Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (2)
Maggard 22mm synthetic
Arko Extra Sensitive shaving cream
Brutal Grand after shave lotion

proxy.php

Great posts and photos at the beginning of the week,gentlemen!Enjoy your Monday!:001_smile

$SDC11650.JPG

Razor: RazoRock Hawk
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 with Omega 10048 Boar Knot
Soap: Stirling Spice
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by Shulton Old Spice

-- Sammy

A couple of weeks ago I used a facial scrub that set my face on fire and left my already sensitive-skinned visage hypersensitive. Since then, no matter what razor, blade, soap, aftershave combination I used, it seemed to reignite the flames. So, I laid off of shaving over the weekend.

Whilst digging through the drawer, the words "for sensitive skin" registered and I thought, "Oh, yeah, I remember that." I had already loaded the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless in the EJDE89 a day or so ago. I'd used that blade once upon a time and remembered liking it, but thought it was a bit harsh on the first shave or two. So, when I found the cork, I figured I'd give it a try because anything that would help my face calm down would be welcome.

The combination of TOBS Jermyn Street and Cremo Cooling is something I started a while back and has yielded some of the best shaves; it was even mentioned in the post to introduce myself to B&B back in May. The fragrances of each are rather complimentary and the ratio of the two creams definitely favors the TOBS.

During the shave, the Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless was very effective and quite smooth, which was very much welcome; it enabled getting the shaving done in two passed with a bit of cleanup. Follow up with TOBS Jermyn Street aftershave balm and aftershave left my face feeling great and this morning my entire face is has calmed significantly.

So, after all of that, to answer your question, yes, I think corking the razor blade helped. Thank you for asking, @ronweston.

Good exposition , Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom