What's new

Ink Recommendation?

Looking for an ink that's fun and interesting, bordering on not suitable for professional use. I have a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa that I love and use as my everyday ink. I've also got a bottle of Noodler's Ottoman Azure that I'm not a huge fan of. This new ink will be mostly for note taking and jotting to do lists, maybe occasionally for a thank you note.

Noodler's Apache Sunset, Kiowa Pecan, Nightshade? Iro Ina-ho? Not sure where you draw the line for professional use, but those are along the lines of what I consider non-blue fun, imo.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not sure where you draw the line for professional use, but ...

That's the big question.

Since you like your iroshizuku ink, perhaps a nice green shin-ryoku? If that's too bold, how about asa-gao? If you want to go more on the edge, yama-budo!

My internet searches have turned up Diamine Oxford Blue. On a lot of reviews it looks like it has some red shading to it. Some of the J. Herbin 1670 inks look fun too. Anyone have experience with any of those?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Some of the J. Herbin 1670 inks look fun too. Anyone have experience with any of those?

I have the J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite. It has nice variation, and is especially nice with a wetter fatter nib. It has an underlying gold-green shine that is really interesting where it comes through the red of the ink.

Top Bottom