What's new

Odd Scales on a Boker

Any of y'all ever seeen anything like this?? The Boker Silver Steel pictured here is about 4 years old. Great blade but I have never seen anything quite like these scales. They're the stock OEM plastic tortoiseshell. The blade still centers fine, opens and closes alright too. But I'm thinking these scales are somewhat peculiar

$FullSizeRender.jpg
$FullSizeRender 2.jpg

I agree they are stock scales, they should flex inward when opened to that extent. I have two of the exact same razors. One flexes in a little and the other flexes in even more, but not quite as much as yours. The mid point of the scales should open up some when the blade is closed.

I have three Silver Steels, two in faux ivory and one that was faux tortoise, they all flex but not as bad as yours. I didn't care for the fake tortoise or the round point so I had it modified and rescaled. Now it has no flexing issues, lol.

Attachments

• $IMG_2163.jpg
    $IMG_2163.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
No big deal
Warm them up with an hairdryer (don't stay too close) and when the scales are hot enough remodel them. Once you get the desired result, wash the scales under very cold water. Easy fix

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
No big deal
Warm them up with an hairdryer (don't stay too close) and when the scales are hot enough remodel them. Once you get the desired result, wash the scales under very cold water. Easy fix

Yep. Easy does it. Warm a little. Try. Warm a little more. Try again. You don't want to overheat them.

Top Bottom