What's new

Question for the thread

I bought a 29$ Boar brush and I love it after doing a bit of reaserch. Because I wanted to know if it was real boar and if it was cruelty free according to the vender you harvest boar the same way you harvest sheep, my primary question is can you even get a boar brush for just 29$ or would it be too hard to find responses welcome.

It is easy to find boar brushes for $29, in fact, you can find them for well under that. Cruelty-free is more difficult, as an example Kent gets their hair from Asia where it is a "by-product". Therefore the animal is slaughtered for meat or other reason, and the hair is then used by Kent. So it will depend on brush manufacturer, if you want to be sure it is "cruelty-free" I would recommend a synthetic brush.

if you want to be sure it is "cruelty-free" I would recommend a synthetic brush.

+1. Not to mention the performance of synthetics has increased significantly the past couple years. I have a few inexpensive boars and they are very good brushes...but I prefer the performance of synthetics.

I've never seen boar advertised as "cruelty-free." Some horsehair brushes are, but they come from countries that raise horses for meat and I have my doubts. Your best best for "cruelty-free" brushes are going to be synthetics.

Top Bottom