What's new

Newbie confession

Hello everyone, I have today finally taken the time to count up my DE Blade supply, a total of 502 blades from approx. 50 blade making companies, plus 4 Simpsons Super Badger Brushes ..... if my wife finds out about the number of blades I have I will never be free to by another pack for the rest of my life , I feel so guilty but there are sooo many more blades I crave .... oh the guilt I lay on myself ... non-shavers just don't understand ...

I think I've got more than 1000 blades in my cupboard already, and I ordered 200 vintage blades this week, which should arrive any day. Hopefully, I'll get to the mailman before my wife does.

It's only 50 blades....

My wife tonight was quesiotning what and why I have 3 boxes of "shaving stuff" under the bed.
It's soaps and creams and a couple of brushes and some the doggie bowls I've bought for soaps and lathering. and a couple of hundred NOS Polsilvers and 20 or 30 injector blade packs most of which are the 2 blade packs from Amazon.

"Honey, blades don't last forever and I'll use up the soaps and creams so it's not like I'll have them forever."

I confess... i didn't tell her about the 8 or 10 Old Spice mugs or the 20 razors I've got stashed in one of the freezers we never use.
And I'm totally honest and leave a couple of brushes and 4 other OS mugs and the 12 or so sample bottle of Stirling Balm and The Veg and the La Toja stick and others right on the shelf in my office..

Living on the edge.....glad to have you here with us looking over the precipice.....:a29:

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's only 50 blades....

My wife tonight was quesiotning what and why I have 3 boxes of "shaving stuff" under the bed.
It's soaps and creams and a couple of brushes and some the doggie bowls I've bought for soaps and lathering. and a couple of hundred NOS Polsilvers and 20 or 30 injector blade packs most of which are the 2 blade packs from Amazon.

"Honey, blades don't last forever and I'll use up the soaps and creams so it's not like I'll have them forever."

I confess... i didn't tell her about the 8 or 10 Old Spice mugs or the 20 razors I've got stashed in one of the freezers we never use.
And I'm totally honest and leave a couple of brushes and 4 other OS mugs and the 12 or so sample bottle of Stirling Balm and The Veg and the La Toja stick and others right on the shelf in my office..

Living on the edge.....glad to have you here with us looking over the precipice.....:a29:

If my wife gets after me I'll just show her your post!!! Thanks,

it is hard when you cannot gush over your wet-shaving stash with your significant other .... I have 4 Simpson Super Badgers sitting on my dresser that she thinks were $20 each .... if she knew there was close to $1,000 sitting there Armageddon would ensue shortly .... I feel guilty keeping the facts from her but coming clean would probably be a lot worse ... I don't know if I could take a lifetime ban on future shaving gear ... at least you guys on this forum share my anguish ..... thanks for listening

I hear you friend. My wife thinks I'm crazy as a barrel of monkeys. My blade inventory stands at about 225, most of my blade are Feather, Gillette, Personna, and Lord blades. My wife may let me have a Merkur Futur for Christmas, and some new flavors of Stirling soap, we'll see. And I'll sneak in a couple tucks of blades. :thumbup1:

I need a way to keep my soap pucks from reproducing like rabbits. Once I leave the bathroom it must be a big party.

You guys got me laughing my a__ off! I don't have quite as many blades, probably around 100 blades. However, I have 4 - 100 pack of blades sitting in my shopping on Italian Barber, not sure which one or two I'm gonna buy. Debating over Nacet, Voshkods, Ladas, Rapira Swedish or Rapira Plat Lux. I also have 2 TFS soaps and a tech 2 in the cart. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts!

Confession is good for the soul. Just repeat King C. Gillette's name 20 times and you are absolved.

Then go buy some more shaving stuff!

proxy.php

Confession is good for the soul. Just repeat King C. Gillette's name 20 times and you are absolved.

Then go buy some more shaving stuff!

proxy.php

I bet that would make a spacious display cabinet. Just add a few shelves.... Wonder if it will fit in the bathroom........

The trick is to not keep everything in one place. 1000 blades all in one places does look formidable, but if you divide the stash and put maybe 250 in four places then it doesn't look as bad. Four very expensive brushes on a shelf is just asking for trouble. Perhaps keep one on the shelf, one in a drawer one under the bed and one in your Dopp kit. You know where everything is...that's all that matters.

The trick is to not keep everything in one place. 1000 blades all in one places does look formidable, but if you divide the stash and put maybe 250 in four places then it doesn't look as bad. Four very expensive brushes on a shelf is just asking for trouble. Perhaps keep one on the shelf, one in a drawer one under the bed and one in your Dopp kit. You know where everything is...that's all that matters.

You guys just need an understanding and encouraging SWMBO. My stuff hangs on the wall in a beautiful display cabinet, and my SWMBO not only occasionally picks out my shave-of-the-day stuff, but has also spotted me a mint tech, a mint Case straight, and a NOS Rubberset 400 while we were out on separate occasions! :thumbup:

Wow. Jealous. Lucky devil. I've heard similar stories, but assumed that they were fantasy... or delusion. :)

Just kidding. (My wife made me say that)

I hope someday to write something worth plagiarizing. - Unknown Author

Mine got a chuckle out of being a delusional fantasy. :lol:

I have 4 Simpson Super Badgers sitting on my dresser that she thinks were $20 each .... if she knew there was close to $1,000 sitting there Armageddon would ensue shortly .... I feel guilty keeping the facts from her but coming clean would probably be a lot worse ...
Here's what you do.
Sell one of them to me for $30, and then say her "Look dear, I made a $10 profit! Now I can afford that Muhle Edition No. 1 brush."
She will then appreciate your restraint.

I could tell you exactly how to enable almost unlimited purchases, plus occasional treats and get away with it........................but then I'd have to kill you !!

I'll point you in the right direction......

Bulk buy, keep a few for your own personal use, then part out the rest online
Every time you make a sale, brag about how much profit you've made

After that, everything that gets delivered is "New Stock"
Any personal items slip smoothly under the radar

Top Bottom