What's new

NEW Derby Premium blades on the market

G'day B&B,

I've received an email from Connaught Shaving and I thought you might be interested they've got a new product of Derby Premium blades on the market, super stainless steel blades made with premium Swedish steel and coated with platinum made from Turkey.

Web link:- http://connaughtshaving.com/derbyp.html

proxy.php
proxy.php

They probably can't be any worse than the Derby Extra
But considering every time I tried to use Derby Extra, either while developing my technique or comparatively recently, they left my face hot, red, puffy, sweaty and unbelievably itchy.......
I'll say once bitten twice shy and pass on trying these

@adamchur I understand how you feel about Derby Extra, I've been there and done that they left my face feeling hot, red, puffy, sweaty and unbelievably itchy.......:blink: Let all hope the new Derby Premium will resolved all these issue.

Last edited:
I'd give them a try. I'm rocking a Docro Prime blade right now that's a definite improvement from the other Dorco blades. So I suppose Derby might​ be able to make a halfway decent blade.

Based on the description they are exactly the same as Derby Extra the only thing that might be different is they're using the word "Premium Swedish Steel" vs the regular Swedish steel in Derby Extras. You guys sure this isn't just a name/packaging change to charge more $$$$?

That was the point of my post. Looks like just a repackaging to me. Lipstick on a pig.

Based on the description they are exactly the same as Derby Extra the only thing that might be different is they're using the word "Premium Swedish Steel" vs the regular Swedish steel in Derby Extras. You guys sure this isn't just a name/packaging change to charge more $$$$?

I have never had an issue with Derby. Just the opposite in fact. I find them to be the smoothest most comfortable blade that I have used. Definitely not the sharpest but I would use them again.

Derby Extra works fine for me. Never had an issue. I switch between them and Personna and don't notice much difference. To each his own.

Thanks for the information! YMMV especially with blades! Some like Derbys, but they have not worked well for me.

Thank you for the tip.
:thumbup1:

I have ordered the other Derby blades from Connaught in the past. I get great shaves from the Derby blades, so will have to try out these new ones, after the yearly restraint is over of course.

I love these posts. 50% say Derby are great and 50% say they are the biggest load of rubbish available. Which just goes to prove the old adage that YMMV :001_smile. I can't really pass judgement as I use Feather blades.

Top Bottom