What's new

How do you get your coffee at work?

K-cup. Just one cup a day. I'm not picky about coffee. We have buy our own K-cups. Government job.

Last edited:
I bring a Wawa travel mug from home. It is a 20oz size and it sits in the refrigerator in the break room. I sip on it when I'm on that side of the building, and if I'm lucky I have just enough left to cover me for the ride home after my shift ends.

Convenience stores here in Japan have half decent coffee for 100 yen, around a dollar. Also the drip coffee you make yourself with hot water from a kettle is good, too.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Sense i deliver gas to stations i get a free cup at every stop. More like i top off my cup at every stop. I had a new girl try to charge me for it once. I told her "look at it this way. I drive a bomb on the same road as you and your family. Dont you want me awake as much as possible?" She didnt charge me for the cup and is very happy to top off my cup every time. :w00t:

Now that I've discovered how wonderful a cup of AeroPress coffee tastes at home, I will probably get a second one to keep at work. There is a hot tap available from the water fountain, so I don't have to wait for it to boil like I do at home.

I'm just hoping the secret doesn't get out ... I don't want my co-workers borrowing my AeroPress. Not that I don't mind sharing, but I'm sure that some of the pieces will get lost rather quickly if somebody else uses it.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Now that I've discovered how wonderful a cup of AeroPress coffee tastes at home, I will probably get a second one to keep at work. There is a hot tap available from the water fountain, so I don't have to wait for it to boil like I do at home.

I'm just hoping the secret doesn't get out ... I don't want my co-workers borrowing my AeroPress. Not that I don't mind sharing, but I'm sure that some of the pieces will get lost rather quickly if somebody else uses it.

I thought about this, but didn't want to deal with paper filters/cleaning a metal one, for me it's still too many parts, and just use a filter cone all in one deal. But I do have an aeropress at home that I love... and yes, I need to lock my coffee things in my desk to prevent borrowers... not that I don't like to borrow, just what you said, and it doesn't get cleaned or cleaned well enough, and yeh.

On a side, just out of curiosity, when you make your aeropress coffee, do you dilute? Or just drink?

French press if I was an office worker but most jobs I have done instant is just easier and nothing to get stolen

I thought about this, but didn't want to deal with paper filters/cleaning a metal one, for me it's still too many parts, and just use a filter cone all in one deal. But I do have an aeropress at home that I love... and yes, I need to lock my coffee things in my desk to prevent borrowers... not that I don't like to borrow, just what you said, and it doesn't get cleaned or cleaned well enough, and yeh.

On a side, just out of curiosity, when you make your aeropress coffee, do you dilute? Or just drink?
I drink it straight up, after I top off the mug with whole milk.

I was a little disappointed in my first cup of AeroPress coffee ... much too weak when I followed the directions. A little bit of experimentation with putting in twice as much coffee and three times as much water as the directions call for yields me a nice, smooth, rich tasting cup of about 8oz of straight coffee. I add 2oz of whole milk, a little sugar, and that brings it up to 10oz, which fits nicely in my 12oz mug.

I wish they made this gizmo in a larger size, so I could press out two or three mugs at a time. Double-wall construction for insulation, of course.

I have yet to try making espresso with it ... but that's coming soon.

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
I drink it straight up, after I top off the mug with whole milk.

I was a little disappointed in my first cup of AeroPress coffee ... much too weak when I followed the directions. A little bit of experimentation with putting in twice as much coffee and three times as much water as the directions call for yields me a nice, smooth, rich tasting cup of about 8oz of straight coffee. I add 2oz of whole milk, a little sugar, and that brings it up to 10oz, which fits nicely in my 12oz mug.

I wish they made this gizmo in a larger size, so I could press out two or three mugs at a time. Double-wall construction for insulation, of course.

I have yet to try making espresso with it ... but that's coming soon.

Yeh my first try wasn't very successful either, for me it's 1 scoop (the one that came with) of ground, saturate for 15 seconds, fill to the brim and lets steep for 1 min, then press using the weight of my arms folded on it. Seems to work. I was JUST looking at how to make multiple cups, there is one vimeo vid:

http://vimeo.com/27379759

Of a person who just replunges (at least thats what it looks like, I don't have volume at my comp right now) and replunges until he fills his server.

Since I'm drinking way more tea these days and am contemplating an electric kettle for the office I may take in a Melitta and do a quick hand pour in the future. For now I use the lousy I-cup machine in the kitchen for the mega swill coffee that work provides.

Yeh my first try wasn't very successful either, for me it's 1 scoop (the one that came with) of ground, saturate for 15 seconds, fill to the brim and lets steep for 1 min, then press using the weight of my arms folded on it. Seems to work. I was JUST looking at how to make multiple cups, there is one vimeo vid:

Of a person who just replunges (at least thats what it looks like, I don't have volume at my comp right now) and replunges until he fills his server.

Try the inverted method, makes much better coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I work in the restaurant business I simply bring in a mokka pot and use Cafe Llave or Cafe Bustello. It makes a fine cafe Cubano.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have two devices at work now, the aforementioned aeropress, and have picked up an ikea french press (1litre). Reason being stated above, multiple cups, sharing with team members etc. So far so good? No filters to buy... although cleaning the press is a bit of a pain.... I tried to just rinse the mesh part, but found it almost necessary to take it apart to clean it thoroughly. Also found that for me, a "very coarse" grind was producing watery coffee, I will try it at a medium or medium fine grind next time.

linty1

My wallet cries.
ps @ Graybeard57, not complaining or anything, just wondering is that a picture of intestines and a turd travelling through it? lol

Top Bottom