What's new

Unscented shave soap for sensitive skin needed!

The above title above says most of it; except the soap needs to shave very well with great slickness. I have sensitive skin, & my wife can not stand perfumes or most scented soaps due to breathing allergies. Even if I don't smell the mild scented soaps; she can. I gave alot of my aftershaves to my stepson but I have tried Captain's Club Sandalwood soap as a winner but she can even smell that with some problems & it is scented with natural scents & nothing artificial. I have tried Haslinger, Speick, & etc.
Any help or advise is appreciated! Thanks. :001_huh:
If I shave & wait awhile it does not bother her as bad with some soaps mentioned above. I would hate to try a fresh Arko stick in both ways! Sometimes I get disgusted when I look at my shave brush collection & try a shave soap I really like but it bothers her. I still like CC Sandalwood though! I will mention my luck with a great brand name anti-perspirant that sprays on dry called Dove for Men which really chokes her up. They are to come out with the unscented variety. Even the scent of Nivea roll on chokes her. I tried the clear Crystal stone but it burns my skin. I can get by with one brand of deoderant stone for awhile but I forget the name of it. It seems her allergies keep getting worse with time.
I guess I need to try my last option which is La Toja stick I plan to shave & see what happens. I might just keep my distance for awhile until the scent dies down. I do not care to shave with Noxzema face lotion or a hair conditioner at all. All help is appreciated! :sneaky2:

1) Mitchell's Wool Fat
2) Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street

I believe the Jermyn Street is made specifically for sensitive skin but both have little or no scent that lingers.

1) Mitchell's Wool Fat
2) Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street

I believe the Jermyn Street is made specifically for sensitive skin but both have little or no scent that lingers.

Jermyn street has quite a strong scent imo, and brought me out in a rash. My skin is not overly sensitive; I have this reaction to a quite small number of soaps/creams. My experience is that it is not suitable for my skin, and I've read of others who have the same reaction.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
La Savonnerie du Moulin unscented, possibly the regular scent also.

Cheers, Steve

Stirling has Naked & Smooth and a Beeswax based unscented.

Sample pucks are only $2.75 each.
They also have an unscented balm and unscented balm with menthol...

I have the two soaps and the balm without menthol... nice stuff all...

I have been down this road before...and I can tell you I have tried many and I have only found two Unscented soaps that are fragrance free (and I mean absolutely no scent at all) and meet the standard of a slick top notch soap:
1) Barrister and Mann Unscented
2) Copper Hat Unscented

In my experience Many soaps labeled "Unscented" do have very mild fragrances. Best of luck.

I have tried lots and lots of unscented soaps (mostly artisan). The aboslute best are:

Barrister & Mann Unscented (White Label)
Mike's Natural Soaps - Unscented
Mystic Water Sensitive Skin Unscented
Soap Commander Integrity
Cold River Soap Works Select V2 Sensitive Skin Unscented

If you want something more "mass produced", DR Harris Almond has a veeeeery faint scent.

+1. With this soap I don't need an unscented soap. This one has less scent than some "unscented" soaps I've had. It's very bland, not that sweet marzipan almond scent. On top of that it's my best performing soap.

If you are searching for a mass produced (and by this I think you mean locally available at most drugstores)...I am thinking Jack Black Shave Cream would fit this description. The Nivea Original shave cream is a low scent (but it does have a mild scent), lost cost option.

If you are searching for a mass produced (and by this I think you mean locally available at most drugstores)...I am thinking Jack Black Shave Cream would fit this description. The Nivea Original shave cream is a low scent (but it does have a mild scent), lost cost option.

In the YMMV category, I found that jack black cream (in the tub) had a scent plus it irritated my skin in a different way. That JB in the tub was not cheap at something like $23USD. The JB in the tube is $13-15 but I have not tried it.

Mass market could be VDH unscented soap. It is decent enough and cheap enough to try it out.

Jermyn street has quite a strong scent imo, and brought me out in a rash. My skin is not overly sensitive; I have this reaction to a quite small number of soaps/creams. My experience is that it is not suitable for my skin, and I've read of others who have the same reaction.

That is surprising. Good information, however, for those with sensitive skin. What are your thoughts on MWF?

That is surprising. Good information, however, for those with sensitive skin. What are your thoughts on MWF?

It has lanolin, which many people have reactions to. I don't see it suggested a lot on questions like this. I have somewhat sensitive skin and do okay with it

Jermyn Street has a strong scent. Confirmed

I'd recommend Mike's, mystic water, and soap commander from my experience at having great performing sensitive skin soaps.

I've found that all soaps have a subtle scent to them, due to the ingredients having a scent, not due to adding scent.

Last edited:
Scotty,

i have an unused Catie's Bubble Le Nude and an unused Reef Point soap you can have if you want to give them a try. Both are unscented. Just send me a PM w/ your address if interested.

Top Bottom