What's new

Muhle to release Stainless Steel Razor

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Seems like Muhle is coming out with a stainless steel shaving razor in November

NEW from Muhle, a range of stainless steel safety razors and shaving brushes, these beauties feature birch-bark handles. Available in November, they will be huge sellers here at
www.executive-shaving.co.uk

$14671069_1305854639436130_8476247675736218206_n.jpg

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I wonder what the price will be. Probably astronomical as we have seen in many cases with new SS razors.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I wonder what the price will be. Probably astronomical as we have seen in many cases with new SS razors.

Well, their wood handle razors with a zamak head run anywhere from $150 to $220 dollars US on the Muhle USA website. Meanwhile Fatip wood handle brass head razors average about $44 dollars US from American vendors. My guess is that a stainless steel with a wood or resin handle Muhle will cost a bit. Though to be fair on the UK vendor linked above the same wood handled Muhle razors go for around $60-80 dollars.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm heard rumors 210-220 euros. I'm surprised they didn't cover the blade tabs.
Ha! Thought the same thing! By the way, not sure if I'm talking to THE Italian Barber, but I LOVE my Razorock slant I bought from you! It's my daily driver!

The head of that razor looks very slim, sleek and modern, although I note there are no slots to let the lather and cut whiskers escape. Perhaps they're not really needed, or Muhle is looking to cut machining costs. I'm not keen on that handle, though; it reminds me of a rather scruffy parquet floor.

As mentioned a couple of weeks earlier, there will be 3 different designs:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/502720-What-s-Muhle-up-to?p=8561114#post8561114

So far I haven't been able to get word on the price, I've heard it as low as 99€ for just the razor. If I were a betting man, I'd say they'll be more around 150€. I doubt it'll be much more than that as the market isn't really that big, especially in Europe. We'll see shortly.

I am intrigued by the new designed head by Mühle, but saddened there will be blade overhang.

I am intrigued by the new designed head by Mühle, but saddened there will be blade overhang.
I have to say that I can't get too hung up about blade overhang. ATT have slight overhang and users of early razors will think nothing of it.
But we are all different and have different priorities with razors. Just great to see another Stainless Steel player.

I am a head shaver so to me that is a huge factor due to the injury risk in the ear region.
The Feather ASD2 doesn't have that issue, which is why it is my favourite.

I'm curious how the ROCCA from Mühle will perform, quite a unique design.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have to say that I can't get too hung up about blade overhang. ATT have slight overhang and users of early razors will think nothing of it.
But we are all different and have different priorities with razors. Just great to see another Stainless Steel player.

I'm intrigued by a no-guard safety razor from Muhle. They do seem to have a penchant for aggressive razors.

Looks like the Jet version and the brown one will be around 100€ and the silver/black one around 80€ in Germany.

Tip my hat to Mühle, those are great prices.

Top Bottom