What's new

Moist, Medium Grind Snuffs?

Greetings gents,

I hope this post finds you all well. I used snuff religiously a while back when I quit smoking cigarettes. Due to a Septoplasty two years ago, however, I had to give it up for a few months and simply never continued snuffing. Instead I went back to cigarettes...:blushing:. I would love to get back into snuff now and I believe I still have a good bit of Wilsons of Sharrow samplers that I can rehydrate as well as some snuff that was generously PIF'ed to me back in the day by Luke49783. I've now noticed that the finer grinds and toasts, however, do not particularly agree with my snout after the surgery. What are some of the better moist, medium grind snuffs out there? The only experience I really have with the medium grinds are Ozona President Viking Cola. Thank, in advance for all your suggestions and support.

Warm regards

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
With the exception of Irish D Light, the vacuum sealed Samuel Gawith, and Viking snuffs I have used have all been moist, and and grind that is very forgiving. Sometimes almost too moist and somewhat clumpy, but leaving the lid off for a couple minutes helps. Stay away from the 10g tap boxes, those are always dried out.

Last edited:
I've been through a few different tap boxes of Poschl (Gawith Apricot, Redbull, Ozona President, Packard's Club, Gletscher Prise, Gawith Cola) and I think they might be the moisture/grind you're looking for. I don't have a large frame of reference, but they are more coarse and moist than Wilsons of Sharrow or Silver Dollar for example.

Bernard (Barnard?) makes a few that are moist and play well. Look at the Schmalzler and Amostrimha.

Many of Samuel Gawith's snuffs fit the medium grind & moist profile IMO.

Thanks, I have heard this about Samuel Gawith snuff but for some reason I have never ordered any to date. Whenever I put together another order I will have to be sure to include this on the list along with some Bernard Aecht Alt Schmalzler. Thanks again

Top Bottom