What's new

These USA made Personna blades that I absolutely hated, aren't so bad after all

$IMG_20161021_140437_hdr.jpgIt was just a matter of pairing them up with the right razor. They didn't do well in my Merkur 34c, but in the 52 Gillette Superspeed, and the pre WWII Souplex OC I have, they ROCK! They work far better than the Rapira Platinum Lux I loaded in the SS yesterday, far smoother, less irritating, and close, comfortable. So my opinion of these American made blades has changed 180 degrees lol. :biggrin1: The all American shave is one of my favorites. That blade-razor combo, and Stirling Bay Rum soap, is shaving bliss, all American. And I've got about 88 Personna blades left. Once again I want to thank matwho for the sample puck of Stirling Bay Rum, it's my very favorite soap, and the puck is almost gone. Bummer. Well Christmas is coming up, and I think my wife will get me some more for the holidays.

Good for you! :thumbup1:

Always nice to find what works, and you have to find the right combo for you in a particular razor. (I also like these blades!)

Great feeling huh? Almost nothing better then a good shave! Many smooth shaves to you my friend.

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

It might be a good idea to Try them in the razor they didn't work for you in the last time. Very often as you get more practised you'll find the "bad blade" (or hard-to-use soap, or whatever) actually works quite well and the problem was your inexperience. There are bad quality blades out there but they're fewer and further between in the USA and Europe than one might believe from postings on sites dedicated to shaving.

Top Bottom