What's new

jmattmiller's Entry to the Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Entry
What is your real name?
James Matthew Miller
What are your nicknames/aliases?
Jim (at work), Matt (at home), and various others that need not be mentioned.
Where do you live?
Hawesville, Kentucky, USA
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
Pipefitter
What is your favorite shave setup?
I've just got my first budget setup right now, an Elkaline DE with Astra blades. I've yet to try any others, though I intend to. I've only used Van Der Hagen bar soap, Arko, and the shave soap that came with my DE. So far the Arko has been my favorite. For aftershave I stick with aqua velva, but I intend on branching out when gainful employment comes my way.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I have quite a few hobbies and interests. I'm an avid Homebrewer, I have been for many years. I gave up smoking and picked up ecigarettes. I enjoy playing guitar, and have been plinking around with a mandolin for a few months. I've been collecting fountain pens for a while now, nothing over thirty dollars, just budget models. I consider myself an outdoorsman though I haven't hunted since my first son was born. If a hobby is defined as something you enjoy spending all your money on, then I suppose fatherhood fits the bill (three little men 7, 3, 1).

I'm all about being cheap also, except in hobby situations, regretfully. Most of my hobbies were designed to save me money, but I think we've all gone overboard a time or two. I enjoy making things instead of buying them, as does my wife (an avid Chandler, and soapmaker). I enjoy forging, welding, woodworking, cheesemaking, Mead making, fishing, hiking, camping, etc.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I hate working on cars. My frugality demands I do it, but I am cursed with fat hands and nothing is so aggravating as not having the right tool for the job.

I'm also extremely grateful for all the knowledge compiled on this forum. I've spent a long few months lurking and reading, and I've got a ways to go. I appreciate each of you for your contributions, which are leading me in the right direction.

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Jim. Reading about your hobbies, I suspect that you'll find much to interest you throughout the site.

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Jim. Reading about your hobbies, I suspect that you'll find much to interest you throughout the site.

That I have. I find that I have no shortage of reading material these days. I've been combing through the nib and vapors as well as the general shaving discussion. There's a wealth of information here, and I'm pleased to have found it.

Top Bottom