What's new

Looking for a new watch

Good Evening everyone!

I am in search of a new watch. I currently have an Invitca watch that is my everyday
watch that I wear. I have narrowed it down to a Swiss movement watch and would like it
to to be under $500. The watch below is such an animal. The company that makes the watches
are out of Tennessee and make watches for universities like Texas A&M etc and the only difference is
that the watches are branded with a local Jewlery stores name. They offer watches that look like Rolex.

Would appreciate any help. I am currently in Asheville NC and would love it if anyone knows any places to go look. For watches.

$IMG_6549.jpg

"Swiss movement watch"

Not sure what that means. Does that mean Quartz (battery) or Automatic (no battery)?

I paid about $125 for my Orient, and I love it. My son has one and loves it too. Watch aficionados love them.

$81Rd7o7uEML._UY879_.jpg

I have an Orient Bambino on a leather (alligator print) strap as my dress watch and a Seiko SKX007 on jubilee bracelet as my other. I don't like the looks of the Orient divers, but based on my Bambino I'd say the quality is excellent for the money. When I upgrade, it'll likely be for a Junghans (probably a Max Bill) or a Nomos. The Hamilton Intra-Matic is a nice watch, as is the Seiko SARB065 (the "Cocktail Time").

I have been looking at Orient also based on similar comments. Good pricing, great recommendations, and good looks. I found them also at Island Watch. Has anyone bought anything from them? Are they reputable? Thanks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have been looking at Orient also based on similar comments. Good pricing, great recommendations, and good looks. I found them also at Island Watch. Has anyone bought anything from them? Are they reputable? Thanks.

I seem to remember they have a good rep on a certain watch forum (which is a dangerous place to hang out, so I don't go there much anymore)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
+1! Love my Seiko 5. It's only got 17 jewels, and it's almost as old as I am. Bought it from someone that refurbishes them in India off eBay. I know it was less than twenty bucks, cuz I'm cheap, lol. Gains about a minute and a half per day.

Yes, they are reputable. I bought an Orient Star from them.

Are you specifically looking for a chronograph? Is a black face essential? Here is a possibility from the watch forum that I visit a lot. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-laco-detroit-pilot-chrono-3696346.html
There may be lots more offerings. I am wearing a Christopher Ward C8 pilot MKII and bought it used for $325 with an ETA movement. Swiss automatic Chrono movements are expensive. Another option is a swiss quartz Chromo - I use a Tutima from Germany with a Swiss ETA movement. In that vein there are Boccia Titanium Chronos on EBay and they are made by Tutima and not costly - I have two of them. You are welcome to pm me if you want to further the conversation. I have lots of watches - and they are very much a hobby. Fun wearing them - sort of male jewelry!

Top Bottom