What's new

Antica Barbieria Colla Soap Dryness

I haven't used it but am intrigued by the photos of ABC soap. In particular how dry it looks.

$Antica_Barbieria_Colla.jpg

It looks like it spent 60 days exposed on the beach before being moved downstairs into the cellar for twice as long until it lost it's tan and turned a vampire pale. All in all it looks like there is no moisture in it at all - before the brush hits.

For those who have this product is it the case? Has anyone tried super-drying other soaps to look like this? Do they produce better slickness and overall better shaves?

I don't know much about production but is there benefit to additional drying?

It looks dry but I believe I've read it can be worked and molded into a container so maybe it's more hydrated then it looks. To me it looks like a moldy Brie cheese.

It was actually easy to mold it in a container, like clay.... I used one of the large diameter container from Maggards.
It looks similar to the WSP rustic soaps as well as the consistency of both dry soaps.
I bought some samples before and it was yellowish and softer. It was also easier to lather, I think they made have sent me the shaving cream sample.
They both performed the same thou, very slick.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It isn't a hard soap but it isn't soft either - it has a similar hardness to MdC, and can be molded without much fuss.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks everyone for your insight amd advice . Glad to hear it can be molded into another vessel. I was a little worried about where I'd put it and dont think I wanted to put something so precious (expensive) in an old Tupperware container - not that there's anything weong with that but just not somwthing I would donwith this.

Top Bottom