What's new

Omega Shave Cream in the Tub

Hi all,

I recently got some Omega shave cream in the tub. I noticed that it's a little firmer than I expected for a cream, but still softer than, say Proraso...

Usually with creams in a tube, I squeeze out an almond size dollop and put it in the breach of my brush and go to town

Now my question is:

Being a face-latherer, how would you recommend I load my brush? Load it in the tub like I would a puck of Stirling?

Thanks all!

I love the black tubs of Omega, I still have some of the older formula left. You can load your brush on top of the cream like you would a soap. Just remember, its softer than most soaps so I should take as much loading.

Been a while since I 3017ed a tub, but I seem to recall it needing a good shot of water. Not my favorite product, but I don't recall any specific complaints either. A good honest croap.

If you want to 3017 it, use Marco's method and a large boar brush. You'll have more lather than you know what to do with.

Otherwise, just swirl your brush on top of it to load it like any other soft soap. It's great for face lathering. That eucalyptus scent is nice to start the day. I used it this morning.

Last edited:
I like this soap very much.My only complaint is that the scent is a little mild for my liking.
The lather is thick and quite slick and the tub is big enough to load your brush.

If you want to 3017 it, use Marco's method and a large boar brush. You'll have more lather than you know what to do with.

Otherwise, just swirl your brush on top of it to load it like any other soft soap. It's great for face lathering. That eucalyptus scent is nice to start the day. I used it this morning.

I think I need to do this with my Proraso White, lol! It just will not go down haha!

I'm thinking about 3017'ing my tub of Omega, which of my brushes do you think will really get the job done?
proxy.php

Thanks for the advice!

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

I'm thinking about 3017'ing my tub of Omega, which of my brushes do you think will really get the job done?
proxy.php

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from the GnomePhone

Soak your largest Omega boar and take your time slowly swirling a very wet brush to pick up as much soap as you can. Then face lather. If you are hell bent on using it up as fast as you can, spoon it into a much wider bowl, like a 5 inch round tupperware for loading up even more. You'll get excellent results this way.

The badgers will be too watery with this method. If using a badger, shake out the water, then scoop some soap into the breach of your brush and face lather like you do with creams. Use as much soap as you want.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/199887-My-lathering-technique-with-Italian-soft-soaps

Soak your largest Omega boar and take your time slowly swirling a very wet brush to pick up as much soap as you can. Then face lather. If you are hell bent on using it up as fast as you can, spoon it into a much wider bowl, like a 5 inch round tupperware for loading up even more. You'll get excellent results this way.

The badgers will be too watery with this method. If using a badger, shake out the water, then scoop some soap into the breach of your brush and face lather like you do with creams. Use as much soap as you want.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/199887-My-lathering-technique-with-Italian-soft-soaps
[emoji1]

Great advice! Thank you very much kind sir!

Sent from the GnomePhone

Top Bottom